Jeep saves 2 lives driving on a flat while being shot at

Scoutmapper

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Getting caught up in a "peaceful" protest, being rammed by a truck and shot at...still manages to get out on 3 tires.

jeep shot at in Aurora CO.jpg

more info found here: https://twitter.com/search?q=Jeep shot at&src=typed_query

Strange. The shooter looks like a peaceful pasty white young man full of ideals and aspirations. Now he will ponder whether he will be the husband or wife in his cell.

He doesnt subscribe to your forced gender roles! How dare you push your male dominant patriarchy on him/her/zer.

I’m really confused what happened here, this isn’t far from me.

The two sides seem to either say:

1. Jeep tried to ram through protestors
2. Protestors blocked a fairly major highway

I’m really confused what happened here, this isn’t far from me.

The two sides seem to either say:

1. Jeep tried to ram through protestors
2. Protestors blocked a fairly major highway

Diving deeper than the pile that is twitter:

1. Protestors illegally blocked the highway, police couldn't stop >600 people
2. Somehow the jeep got on the highway (uhh, any previous onramp)
3. The Jeep drove where it should have been able to
4. The protest turned to the municipality's justice buildings: breaking windows, throwing fireworks in, breaking down stuff outside....

WTF is up with people these days.

Reactions: CybrSlydr
This is tough, on one hand I 100% believe protesters should not be blocking highways. There are many reason, some obvious and some not so much. People are edgy on all sides right now due to the potential for violence. You have to be diligent not to put yourself in harms way, but on the other hand if faced with a similar situation (trapped on the highway, fearing for my life or my family while surrounded be violence) I would probably drive through the crowd at a speed high enough to deter and low enough to allow people to choose to move or be hit. Say 4 low third gear, both lockers engaged so I don't get stuck on anyone that chooses to get ran over. Hard to say since I have never been in that situation though.

The guy shooting is in some shit though. I would image everyone will end up in court, if not jail. It's a senseless waste of time, money, resources, and lives. There is no unity through division.

With these types of "protests", they pop up and are really hard to avoid at times if you are driving. Who listens to the news to know if a route they normally take is now suddenly a riot? The people at the "protest" almost always surround a car and start damaging it while attempting to break out windows and eventually set the car on fire. Because it's there where they don't want it to be.

So they started banging on the guy's nice Jeep and throwing things at it, and he left because he has the ability to drive through things more difficult then people. Suddenly, he's the bad guy for "ramming the crowd" that was just vandalizing his stuff and not letting him through. Another protestor ran into the Jeep with his truck to stop it, hence the flat tire.

Then one of the protestors pulls out his gun and starts shooting hitting others in the crowd while trying to shoot the guy leaving in the Jeep; who's simply trying to get away from a crowd of violent people.

That's why they arrested the protestor. You can see his horrible shooting stance in photos towards the end of the article. No wonder he injured random people in the crowd.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...g-that-injured-2-at-demonstration/ar-BB17f7ey

History tells me that the mob will most likely be the instigator and the most violent. Usually, by the time the car has picked up speed there has been damage done and threats that made the person fearful enough to risk hitting someone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tomcat and rasband