Jeep TJ 2003 manual transmission knocking?

Jakubfoukal

Hey guys,

I start noticing this knocking noise coming rom my jeep, I dont think is from engine, I think this noise coming from transmission because RPM doesnt affect the noise whatsever.... if anyone have thiss issue before and can tell me what it could be? that will be great.

Thank you

Jakub

Attachments

• IMG_2711.MOV
    19.6 MB
I heard the automatics and manuals both had a problem the manuals will back the bolts off the flywheel out and make a tapping sound and the automatics will back out the flex plate creating the exact same tapping sound my manual make it

I heard the automatics and manuals both had a problem the manuals will back the bolts off the flywheel out and make a tapping sound and the automatics will back out the flex plate creating the exact same tapping sound my manual make it

Thank you for the answer, whats the best solution for this issue? Take appart the whole trany and change the flywheel? How bad this issue is? Can I still drive arround?

Thank you for the answer, whats the best solution for this issue? Take appart the whole trany and change the flywheel? How bad this issue is? Can I still drive arround?

I drove on my knock for 12,000 miles and just recently had a issue that were not sure if it’s related or not yet testing everything before pulling the transmission