Jeep Updates

Zhillslady

TJ Enthusiast
I love tax season overtime. Usually I spend the extra on upgrading the house but this year it went to the jeep. Last check brought me my new upper doors and and a cab curtain for bad weather days. This check I dropped off my front drive shaft to be rebuilt and next one will be my new bedrug. I'll have like a real jeep soon. LOL

Reactions: StG58 and Serbonze
You'll have a brand new Jeep with all the maintenance work you've done to that thing!

Just about Chris. Short of the transfer case and transmission I've replaced near everything major and a lot of minor. Alternator acted up a little last week so it may be on the next list. I really debated on having the front drive shaft rebuilt vs. replacing it with a new one from Tom Woods. After all the other repairs it just seemed ideal to go the better route of ordering a new one like the jasper motor and differential but several people in the local jeep group recommended Shane in Brandon so my son in law is dropping off tomorrow.

Reactions: Chris
Just about Chris. Short of the transfer case and transmission I've replaced near everything major and a lot of minor. Alternator acted up a little last week so it may be on the next list. I really debated on having the front drive shaft rebuilt vs. replacing it with a new one from Tom Woods. After all the other repairs it just seemed ideal to go the better route of ordering a new one like the jasper motor and differential but several people in the local jeep group recommended Shane in Brandon so my son in law is dropping off tomorrow.

Occasionally, you will read of someone who has had a balance problem with a TW shaft. However I have never seen one of those complaints that was not followed up with and they fixed it free and paid shipping type comment. I have had several TW shafts and have actually been to the shop a couple of times. Customer service is outstanding.
Can you get a good new shaft locally? Probably. Will you get a good shaft from Wood? Absolutely.
BTW, there is no S on the end of Wood.:)

BTW, there is no S on the end of Wood.:)

There is! [emoji12]
f720a63b373570881d9d17baf751e841.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
Yeah I decided yesterday just to go ahead and order one from him. He sent me an email detailing what I needed to measure and so forth but it was all greek to me. My mechanic is going to call with the info and order it