Jeep verified diesel offered in 2020 JL

I can tell you the sticker price. 60k in Rubicon trim.

A joke if you ask me.

I can tell you the sticker price. 60k in Rubicon trim.

A joke if you ask me.
Is this a legit price, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get that number? If I build a basic 2 door Rubicon, I can get it for $40K. So the diesel is going to cost $20K more? That is a serious "joke", just for an engine.

Is this a legit price, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get that number? If I build a basic 2 door Rubicon, I can get it for $40K. So the diesel is going to cost $20K more? That is a serious "joke", just for an engine.

A 2-door Rubicon with all the options is currently 56k last time I looked.

The diesel option is going to be $4000 more from what I'm told.

So, 60k total.

But yes, you can build a bare bones Rubicon model for around 40k with no options.

I read somewhere the diesel option is $4000 for the engine but only available with the additional $2000 8 speed automatic transmission. And it's an option for the 4 door Wranglers, Gladiator, and possibly the Cherokee?

Maybe enough will crash over time that they will be options for swaps down the road.

Reactions: reddvltj
Just watched a video last night. 4 door only and gladiator next year.
Makes me think they are getting closer to dumping the 2 door altogether.

Then again though from what I could find the ecodiesel is about 10" longer than the Pentastar. So it could simply be too long for the 2 door once you add the 8 speed and tcase.

• Wow
Reactions: Vasq
Makes me think they are getting closer to dumping the 2 door altogether.

Then again though from what I could find the ecodiesel is about 10" longer than the Pentastar. So it could simply be too long for the 2 door once you add the 8 speed and tcase.
If they dump the 2 door, our TJ's will only go up in value I would imagine.

Reactions: reddvltj and Alex01
Hell I’ve only got a couple thousand more than that in my 1 ton that’s loaded to the gills with a Cummins in it

As much as I love diesel engines, I'm not that interested in a JL anything. (JKs either for that matter)

Yea, If Jeep offered a 2020 JL 2 door Rubicon with the diesel engine and manual transmission I'd sell my LJR in a heartbeat for a downpayment.
But, they won't, so I'll just have to do a Cummins R 2.8 swap instead! LOL! :) :)

Reactions: texvet