Jeep wave creates 'extended family': How a secret bond formed between Jeep SUV owners

Yeah, we all get the “wave” don’t we!

I first got it riding my Harley Davidson around. Used to get it in my K5 Blazer too.

I get it in my Dodge 2500 diesel as well.

Seems like folks that drive iconic vehicles feel a kinship towards others doing the same.

Never got a “wave” in my Silverado, or any other car or truck I drove.

What about you?

BTW, must have been a slow day in the newsroom for that puff piece!

The only secret I recognize......

stone.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Daron and Tob
I have been waving at other Jeeps for close to 40 years, always get waves back from CJ, YJ and TJ once in a while JK's

Reactions: Midwest
I've ridden a motorcycle my entire adult life (fell off my first motorcycle at 9) so I get the wave ( even had superduty drivers wave when driving my F250) I was really surprised how many people wave when we're cruising around in the little yellow LJ, it's a family thing.
We drove over the hill to Gardnerville for chicken fried steaak and had a Cherokee driver give us a big wave, are we supposed to wave to Cherokees?

I've ridden a motorcycle my entire adult life (fell off my first motorcycle at 9) so I get the wave ( even had superduty drivers wave when driving my F250) I was really surprised how many people wave when we're cruising around in the little yellow LJ, it's a family thing.
We drove over the hill to Gardnerville for chicken fried steaak and had a Cherokee driver give us a big wave, are we supposed to wave to Cherokees?
I’ll give a Jeep wave to a Cherokee, especially if it’s built. They’re family.

I’ll give a Jeep wave to a Cherokee, especially if it’s built. They’re family.
Did you know it was really the Cherokee that kept Jeep on the map? It made Jeep a viable success for Chrysler.

My wifes quote, " All Jeeps Matter"

View attachment 196924

I only see one in that picture.

One what?
One that I'd be surprised to not get a wave from.
One that doesn't blend in with every other SUV.
One that I don't have to read the side to figure out what Jeep it actually is.

I'm not trying to put your wife down, I'm sure she's fine, I just bet she's probably similar to my wife who thinks BBQ chicken on a round flat crust is actually a pizza.

• Haha
Reactions: BillW