Jeep wave creates 'extended family': How a secret bond formed between Jeep SUV owners

So I am safe I just didn’t want to go to Hell, she must have been an old Jeep owner as it was the 2 finger peace wave.✌🏻😁
200.gif

Hell, I have waved at every other brand of ve-hicle I happened to be driving or owning at the time, from the first VW to the first Jeep, the Nova, the Van, all the way up to the HHR, and the TJ.
When you see that someone else has the same ve-hicle as you, it make you feel a commonality with them.
I even wave at Jeeps while in my HHR....They probably think I am nuts. (pretty good assumption.) I need a Jeep license plate for it.....

Reactions: lBasket
Yesterday I went on a cruise to check on local tires prices, you know shopping for the next set already. Any way I decided to wave at every Jeep I saw while cruising. I got the "Surprised, but I will wave since you did, wave." from most of the station wagon Jeeps, and the "Yeah Man, another Jeeper Wave" from the 2 door Jeepers......

I grew up on dirt bikes and transitioned to crotch rockets. Whenever another bike goes by, we wave, two fingers down to the road....keep the rubber side down, the shiny side up.

Drove VWs (air cooled and later H20 cooled) and we always waved at each other.

Much later in life, I combined the dirt bike with the VW and called it a JEEP - haha - and again, waving to everyone (except those tricky Gladiators...that's not a Jeep) j/k

Drove VWs (air cooled and later H20 cooled) and we always waved at each other.

Short cool VW story. I was following my wife one day. She was driving our '60 Euro ragtop. Up comes a Mexican made new Bug. Dude was nearly jumping up and down waving at my wife. He was very happy to see an old Bug on the road.

I like the Jeep wave. When I rode motorcycles, I liked that one too. It’s also cool when people I don’t know in my rural neighborhood wave. I’m often too caught up in my own world to pay attention to waves. That’s bad. Sometimes, I catch myself thinking I’m too cool to wave. That’s much worse.

Short cool VW story. I was following my wife one day. She was driving our '60 Euro ragtop. Up comes a Mexican made new Bug. Dude was nearly jumping up and down waving at my wife. He was very happy to see an old Bug on the road.
I still have a thing for the old VWs... I had a couple Squarebacks in my time, saw a Fastback in the parking lot last summer and ended up going to a VW car show in my YJ later that day :) The owner of the car belonged to a club called Vochos La Raza (Volkswagen People or VW Race/ethnicity). Nice crowd, incredible cars

Reactions: RINC
Hell, I have waved at every other brand of ve-hicle I happened to be driving or owning at the time, from the first VW to the first Jeep, the Nova, the Van, all the way up to the HHR, and the TJ.
When you see that someone else has the same ve-hicle as you, it make you feel a commonality with them.
I even wave at Jeeps while in my HHR....They probably think I am nuts. (pretty good assumption.) I need a Jeep license plate for it.....
I did this when I drove my Saab, inevitably ending up with some old person giving me a weird look

I stopped waving in the Jeep when I realized you couldn't see my hand when I put fingers up on the steering wheel anyways, I hold the wheel down low