Jeep Wave from Austin Texas

Y2K Heep

Hey TJ Forum!

Glad to finally have joined, I've been lurking for the past two years and you guys have had excellent advice and insight, much thanks for everything you've put together. I've had my TJ for a year, but I was also frequenting when I had an XJ, always seemed some of the best late-90s Jeep-family advice/troubleshooting came from this forum.

I have a 2000 Sahara , 5speed, Dana 30 w/ 3:73s, 126k, the picture below is older but still one of my favorites. I need to snap some new pics but it just doesn't look as cool with the top/doors on.

I bought it from a friend in California, it'd been in his family for 15 years. When I got it it had:
32s on D window steelies, 2" BB, fender flares, aftermarket stereo/amp/speakers, recovered seats, Smittybilt top

So far I've knocked out:
- Basic tuneup/ safety inspection fail items
- New battery cables from Custom Battery Cables
- Replaced dry rotted 32" Falkens and a mismatched spare with 32" Cooper Discoverers AT3 all around. (Not my first choice but happy with them so far and were on closeout at Tire Rack for only $~130/tire.)
- Interior refresh with BedRug carpet, complete deep cleaning of all seats/trim/plastics, rewired messy stereo install, Tuffy console insert
- Heater core flush (was ecstatic it didn't need replacement, yet...)
- ProComp Steering Stabilizer
- Cleaned up/bedlined surface rust on door handles, pulled the milk jugs off the bumpers

On the short list are:
- The Codaman suspension (Rancho shocks/ProComp springs sitting in my Amazon cart for a month). Shocks/springs are still OEM sagging and tired
- Those TruckLite knockoffs
- Front bumper, possibly a winch

Goals? Essentially just a slightly-better-than stock, well road-manner build that can hold its own a few times a year on mild/moderate trails. For now...

Goodlife.jpg

Lurking for two years?! Wow! Glad to have you finally become a member. That’s a great looking TJ and some great future planes. I also like that the @CodaMan has his own lift ;)

My advice is to keep it mild, otherwise you’ll end up spending stupid amounts of money like I have!

Reactions: Y2K Heep
Come wheel with us at Hidden Falls. Looks like you may have already been there?