Jeep Wrangler 05 4.0 Sport X Code P2098

Ascho7

Hi all, after doing some research on my jeep and the p2098 code it had gotten. When I searched the code, one of the fixes was to place in a new oxygen sensor, which I promptly did. It worked for about 100 miles until the code came back on, any ideas?

Hi all, after doing some research on my jeep and the p2098 code it had gotten. When I searched the code, one of the fixes was to place in a new oxygen sensor, which I promptly did. It worked for about 100 miles until the code came back on, any ideas?
A quick Google search gave me leaking exhaust or catalytic converter as options. Maybe try a new manifold gasket.

A quick Google search gave me leaking exhaust or catalytic converter as options. Maybe try a new manifold gasket.
Definitely thinking about the manifold gasket and catalytic converter, problem is of course the gasket is the biggest pain in the world and the catalytic converter is fairly expensive, especially if it may or may not be the issue

Definitely thinking about the manifold gasket and catalytic converter, problem is of course the gasket is the biggest pain in the world and the catalytic converter is fairly expensive, especially if it may or may not be the issue
You could try a smoke test on the exhaust. There are lots of youtube videos on differtent techniques. I got one of these from harbor freight. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0181EDCZ6/?tag=wranglerorg-20.
Put a cheapo cigar on the intake side, and voila! 😎