Jeep Wrangler Exterior Colors

It ain't a TJ, but @ 10 years old my first Jeep crush was...Black AND orange AND yellow

I really have to restrain myself from buying some of those awful, horrible, gaudy 70s stripes for mine.

cj7renegade.jpg

It ain't a TJ, but @ 10 years old my first Jeep crush was...Black AND orange AND yellow

I really have to restrain myself from buying some of those awful, horrible, gaudy 70s stripes for mine.

View attachment 18370

I loved the old renegades and golden eagles. Each of my uncles on my moms side had one. A red renegade and a brown golden eagle. They were beautiful, stripes and all.

Reactions: Umbra
I loved the old renegades and golden eagles. Each of my uncles on my moms side had one. A red renegade and a brown golden eagle. They were beautiful, stripes and all.

Yup. The Renegades and Golden Eagles were the first vehicles I ever paid any attention to, except maybe for the Bandit TA of course.
My dad bought a Scout in 78, instead. I HATED him for 3 months.

Reactions: UpperMI
My one uncle still has his golden eagle (passed down to my cousin). A scout isn't the end of the world. My dad had a 1946 willy's jeep in 1978 that he used as a hunting vehicle. I don't remember it other than seeing it in photos. He only used it for one season before he sold it (too cold to use for a November deer hunt). after that he hunted out of a 1972 Chevy truck and a 1978 ford f250.

Reactions: Umbra
1984 and my older brother bought a blue 77 Levi's Edition CJ-5. I can remember the first time he pulled up to baseball practice to pick me up. The whole team flocked around it and drooled. I blame him for my love of Jeeps.

In 2005, I drove my first Jeep Wrangler. I had the fever. And I had it bad. The very next day, I drove to the local Jeep dealership, and told the salesman, I am buying a Jeep, and I'm driving it home today. I had a 1999 Dodge Ram Sport I wanted to trade.

I was stupid, and didn't want a Rubicon. Too expensive, and I didn't think I'd EVER use the lockers. I wanted a Sport.

Unfortunately, they didn't have ANY. So, they had to search for one. The list of colors I gave them were, Black,Blue, Red, Yellow, and Green.

It took them 4 to find me a jeep. They called me, and said they found me a White one, if I wanted it. I remember feeling desperate, and said ok.

It was a white one, with the grey top and grey fenders. They had to drive it to the dealership, so it had 112 miles on it at the time. I remember thinking I could make the white work for me. Hell the truck I was trading in was white.

I wasn't crazy about the white at the time. But after driving it every day, and it now has 130,000 miles on it, I have to admit it's my favorite color, the white and black combo I have going.

EDIT: Luckily, the sport I ended up with had a Dana 44 and was geared to 3.73, with the stock 31's.