Jeep Wrangler holds value best

The way I read the article, they're referring to the drop in 5 years of depreciation. So a 2013 Wrangler today would have less drop in value than any other type of vehicle. Seriously, I expect my 2003 Sport to be worth pretty much what I paid for it this year in 5 years.

I sold my 04 TJR for $1,000 above what I paid for it. Owned it for 2 years and 18,000 miles. It cost me a set of KO2s, dirtworx bumpers, $800 fuel cell, and an used Currie Antirock. Not to bad.

The way I read the article, they're referring to the drop in 5 years of depreciation. So a 2013 Wrangler today would have less drop in value than any other type of vehicle. Seriously, I expect my 2003 Sport to be worth pretty much what I paid for it this year in 5 years.
I'm actually hoping for a bit of an increase. I'm not going to get everything back (no fricken way) but I'm pretty sure that right now, after I've fixed most of my girl's issues, I could pocket about 2K over what I paid to begin with.

When I bought mine I looked at the bids on less-well equipped ones on eBay. Assuming that’s anywhere close to reality, I could have flipped it for almost 5k overnight.

Mine had a carfax reported frame issue that doesn’t exist (mis-reported small hail damage). But they don’t reverse those things and I have zero value of separating from this thing.

Some friends were talking how their kids will never “have to drive”. I said heck no - my 3yro will want to drive and will learn on my LJR.