Jeep Wrangler JL Leaked Owners Manual and Images

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Well, it doesn't get more official than this. The 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Owner's Manual, User's Guide, engine images, and a variety of other images.

Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 10.50.33 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 10.30.56 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-10-14 at 10.31.10 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Jeep Wrangler JL Owner's Manual (PDF).pdf
    7.8 MB · Views: 319
  • Jeep Wrangler JL User's Guide (PDF).pdf
    8.3 MB · Views: 272
Owner's Manual and User Guide PDFs are attached to the post at the bottom FYI.

Why do manufacturers find it necessary to hide the engine under a mountain of plastic?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Engines these days don’t look as pretty as they used to (too much wiring). Not like those old school V8 engines at least.

This is exactly the Wrangler brand is the dream for a car manufacture. Unlike other cars, the Jeep Wrangler could make very little changes model to model, and it will still sell like hot cakes. Why put more money into aesthetic design changes just to do so when what you have been doing for years has proven to work and sustain itself. I know plenty of people with JK’s hyped to upgrade to the JL model.

Reactions: StG58
I suppose it doesn't matter, it just seems wasteful if it's just for aesthetics.

To me, like you said, it's just more crap to have to un bolt and move around and mess with just to work on the engine.

I don't think I'll ever purchase a 2000+ year vehicle ever in my life. I do not want to work on something that's so damn complicated.

Reactions: Chris
I've always loved simplicity of design. It's creative genius.

Compare something like a Ruger Mark III and a Glock 19. Break them down and re-assemble. Then get back to me on which one you want. (I realize they are different calibers)

It's the same thing with cars. The simpler the design the more elegant. AND THE MORE RELIABLE. Kudos to the TJ engineers! Ok, well, AMC or whoever designed the engine...

Reactions: StG58
I think that all Wranglers are cool, I just appreciate the simplicity of the TJ, that's all (but we already know that).

When I look at the TJ side-by-side with the JK, the TJ still has that "old school" look to the body. They streamlined the look a lot more with the JK, which makes it look much more modern. So obviously everyone has their own taste, but I don't care for that much more modern look of the JL.

Would I drive one? Hell yes! However, that would only be if someone gave it to me, and I certainly wouldn't sell my TJ for it by any means.

The greatest thing about the TJ is how simple it is. Believe me when I say that the DIY guys are opening a can of worms with these modern JLs. You'll need a lot more diagnostic tools to work on them, the stop-start feature adds unnecessary complexity, etc.

I guess it's like all new technology. You gain efficiency, but you lose simplicity. You have to find a middle ground, and for me that is the TJ.

The CJ is awesome, but that would be to finicky for me with carbs instead of fuel injection, etc. Easier to work on? Sure, of course a CJ would be easier to work on. But like I said, the TJ is the middle ground. New enough to be a bit more efficient (i.e. fuel injection and such), but not new enough to be as complex as these new JLs will be with all the computers and sensors.

I've always loved simplicity of design. It's creative genius.

Compare something like a Ruger Mark III and a Glock 19. Break them down and re-assemble. Then get back to me on which one you want. (I realize they are different calibers)

It's the same thing with cars. The simpler the design the more elegant. AND THE MORE RELIABLE. Kudos to the TJ engineers! Ok, well, AMC or whoever designed the engine...

Don't use "break down" and "Mark III" in the same sentence. I get severe PTSD.

I suppose it doesn't matter, it just seems wasteful if it's just for aesthetics.

Actually most of the engine covers now days serve as noise reduction devices as well. I know on the direct injected GM engines the high pressure pump and injectors are incredibly loud when the covers are left off. They sound like they have a bad lifter at times. Those covers help control the noise so you don't hear it while you are waiting in line at Starbucks.