Jeep Wrangler TJ 2006 MCloaked

LegerV.

Hi everyone,

I´m a newbie from Cd. Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico, next to El Paso, TX border. I own 2 TJ´s and i been modifying one of them, it will be a pleasure to meet new friends and share my rig. BTW, my english is not good at all but i always try to do my best, lol.

TJ 2006 6 cil, 4.0
6 speed
Metalcloak Full Arched System 6" flares & Rock Sliders
Poison Spyder Brawler w/ Tabs
Nightsun4x4 7" headlights
ORO Led Tail lights
K&N Cold Air Intake
Banks Power Torque Headers
Flowmaster 40, stock pipe
Spider Web Shade, black

No lift suspension, the previous owner installed coil spacers to get 3.5" body lift.

In the next weeks:

I am ready to get new suspension lift, a Rock Krawler X Factor Long Arm 3.5" with Fox 2.0 Performance with Reservoir shocks, Fox Stabilizer, re-gear 4.88 to run BFG KM2 MTR 35" with Method Race 105 15" beadlocks, RuffStuff covers and a new steering upgrade kit. I will swap the rear Dana 44 axle with LSD i have in my other TJ 2001 to upgrade axles on my current project, i will keep the Dana 30 front axle as long as i enjoy the 35´s.

My problem:

I been looking for lift suspensions out there: Teraflex, Rock Krawler, Metalcloak and many more but i don´t know which is better. Any feedback it will be much appreciated!

Captura de pantalla 2016-09-02 a las 1.00.46.pngCaptura de pantalla 2016-09-02 a las 12.40.24.pngCaptura de pantalla 2016-09-02 a las 12.40.50.png

Reactions: XISophos
I'd take Metalcloak out of those three.

Do you even need long arms at 3.5"? I'd beef up the arms but keep it on short arms.

Reactions: StG58
The consensus seems to be Savvy / Currie at that lift height. Get the full kit, bolt it in, adjust everything correctly and enjoy the results.

I'd take Metalcloak out of those three.

Do you even need long arms at 3.5"? I'd beef up the arms but keep it on short arms.

Hello!

Being honest, i´m still newbie, i owned my first jeep in 2014, so, it´s been a headache to choose the best option in every scenario.

I installed a Rough Country 4in lift suspension in my other jeep and in spite of the fact that is a cheap suspension it works good. I thought a 3.5" long arm it will be a good option for me but i´m open to listen all opinions and suggestions before spending money in the next weeks.

Also, i have plans to swap to 37´s in a mid future, so, i can get the long arms now and be ready to upgrade later.

Last edited:
The consensus seems to be Savvy / Currie at that lift height. Get the full kit, bolt it in, adjust everything correctly and enjoy the results.

I will read more about SAAVY and Currie.

Do you suggest RK short arm or MC short arm, long travel suspension?

I will read more about SAAVY and Currie.

Do you suggest RK short arm or MC short arm, long travel suspension?

Once you read more about Savvy and Currie then you won't need my suggestions on those other brands. ;)

Reactions: StG58
Once you read more about Savvy and Currie then you won't need my suggestions on those other brands. ;)
Yup, that's about it. Unless you're doing something with your Jeep that is unusual or highly specialized those are the ones to look at if you want the best.

I've got the Rockkrawler long arm with a 4" lift and bilsteins. If is a great set up, really helped the on road driving. Two drawbacks are the heim joints have grease fittings but won't take grease from day one and I only have room for the cat, no muffler.

Reactions: Chris
If I had to choose one of those 3 it would no doubt be Metalcloak. Currie is always my fav though!