Great deals on TJ parts on Amazon!

Looking for parts for your Jeep Wrangler TJ? Checkout the selection of TJ parts Amazon has to offer, many with 2-day Prime shipping!

Click the image below to browse TJ parts on Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler TJ Parts on Amazon

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

STICKY Jeep Wrangler TJ Factory Service Manuals (FSM) & Technical Documentation

TJNUT

(at least) two dead giveaways: in the very beginning there is a VIN decoder which references 2003. Then in the wiring diagrams there is mention of a compass in the mirror, which wasn't available in 97.

But unfortunately the biggest giveaway is that the whole thing looks like it was printed in 1966, whereas the other years looks like they were properly rendered. With all due respect to whoever did the actual 97, of course. It's invaluable and I'm glad to have it in any form.
I also noticed, since I was looking up the HVAC system, that the controls have the round dials. My TJ has the "sliders" instead. I believe that changed in 2000 models. So which file is the correct one for the 97?
Thank you.

Lou

FJB
Supporting Member
Ive got the right one but the forum wont let me upload because it is too big. Search google long enough and youll find it.

hear

TJ Enthusiast
Ok here is the right one. Earlier in this thread there's a discussion of a missing section 25. Its int the table of contents but is not in the actual document. Somebody said they re-sorted the document and added Section 25...I don't know anything about that, I just know that this one is right for my 97. Page 8E-21 shows the slider control for HVAC.

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Ok here is the right one. Earlier in this thread there's a discussion of a missing section 25. Its int the table of contents but is not in the actual document. Somebody said they re-sorted the document and added Section 25...I don't know anything about that, I just know that this one is right for my 97. Page 8E-21 shows the slider control for HVAC.

I went ahead and updated the original post with your 1997 service manual. Thanks for this!

• Love
Reactions: hear
This post is for TJ documentation like Factory Service Manuals Etc..
A while back I was able to find the FSM for my 2006 TJ. I decided to look at the same website I have used to download FMS to see if I can find others. I hit the jackpot so I am sharing :beer-toast1:

Please if there are any issues or they are inaccurate let me know.

Thanks @UpperMI for the additional 2002 manuals
You are awesome thank You.

Wow...just got on here for the first time in months. So...it appears that the supposed 1997 FSM I downloaded (and sent to JeepNWiilly) was for a 2003. Yep. I went back and verified it. File name indicated that it was for the 97 as well. Now I gotta figure out where I got it so I can tell them. Guess it's a good thing that I haven't really needed it until now. lol

OP
JeepNWilly

JeepNWilly

Jeep Addict
Supporting Member
Wow...just got on here for the first time in months. So...it appears that the supposed 1997 FSM I downloaded (and sent to JeepNWiilly) was for a 2003. Yep. I went back and verified it. File name indicated that it was for the 97 as well. Now I gotta figure out where I got it so I can tell them. Guess it's a good thing that I haven't really needed it until now. lol

I guess the 97 is a tough one to find. I haven't been actively looking though.

hear

TJ Enthusiast
Wtf, I swear we corrected that.

Pseck

Does anyone on the forum have a good source for a replacement 2005 Wrangler owners manual? My newly purchased jeep is without one...
Pete

I got mine from best shop manuals it’s online buys it’s a good manual it had about 950 pages I think it was 25 or 30 bucks. It’s a download so you can download it right away. The pictures are in black and white but they are really and easy to see. I put it on my phone and computer.