STICKY Jeep Wrangler TJ Factory Service Manuals (FSM) & Technical Documentation

I just opened the 1997 service manual on my phone. It takes a long time since they are large files. As @Chris said you will need Adobe Reader but I would use a computer.

Good point. They are large files, so it may take longer than it would on a desktop computer with a fast connection.

Reactions: JeepNWilly
Quick question, if I may, are we sure that's a '97 manual? The reason I ask is that it has the 2.4l engine in it, not the 2.5l.

Thanks again,
TJT

It looks like your '97 is actually another 2003. I say that because the VIN section shows the VIN letter for 2003. That being said, I did find a '97 if you want to fix it. I'm not trying to pick it apart or anything. It is much appreciated that you did this and that the mods 'stickied' it!

I got the '97 here...

http://www.jeep.on-line.no/documentation/TJ/1997 TJ/1997_TJ.pdf

TJT

No not at all glad you found it. @Chris should be able to update the file. Awesome find.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is useful, but it seems interesting.

I came across a Chrysler sales code file while trying to puzzle out some of the codes associated with Mopar part numbers. This didn't answer my question, but I guess you could use it as sort of a reverse lookup to figure out the sales codes behind the descriptions on the build sheet — except that it seems like the descriptions aren't unique so a single description could lead you to several different sales codes.

The file is from 2008, but the sales codes seem to date back over the TJ years (at least back to 2003). If nothing else, it has some interesting trivia. Like, who knew that JKs could have a "TJ Badge"? :)

Attachments

• 2008 Chrysler Sales Codes.pdf
    980.2 KB · Views: 1,898
Reactions: bedhed
This post is for TJ documentation like Factory Service Manuals Etc..
A while back I was able to find the FSM for my 2006 TJ. I decided to look at the same website I have used to download FMS to see if I can find others. I hit the jackpot so I am sharing :beer-toast1:

Please if there are any issues or they are inaccurate let me know.

Thanks @UpperMI for the additional 2002 manuals

I've been looking for information to familiarize myself with my 2005 Jeep Wrangler, so I can talk more intelligently with my mechanic, and this is just perfect! :) Thanks a bunch!

Reactions: JeepNWilly
Looking for NP (NVG) 231 FSM to complete my collection. I did find the attached which should be fine, but, if others have a better one. Thanks, Dave

Attachments

• Jeep component service manual TCase_NP231.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 764
Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but the PDF for the 1997 is not for a 97 TJ. On the ignition chapter for the 4.o it talks about ignition coils. 97s have a distributor, which you all know. Thanks for posting all these manuals.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but the PDF for the 1997 is not for a 97 TJ. On the ignition chapter for the 4.o it talks about ignition coils. 97s have a distributor, which you all know. Thanks for posting all these manuals.

This was previously identified by @TJTimmah on post #66 above. He provided a link to a correct 97 FSM on his post. I was hoping @Chris would have corrected the original list.