Jeep Wrangler TJ LED Headlight Upgrade Options

Reactions: VirtualRussel

Installed these recently, and just wanted to say that they are leaps and bounds better than the factory ones. They are just about as bright as the Anzo HID's I have on the front for low light/ reduced visibility driving. Literally plug and play with no flickering. I also had to adjust them up just a little. but after that they were perfect. No flashing from other drivers either.

Reactions: Chris
Installed these recently, and just wanted to say that they are leaps and bounds better than the factory ones. They are just about as bright as the Anzo HID's I have on the front for low light/ reduced visibility driving. Literally plug and play with no flickering. I also had to adjust them up just a little. but after that they were perfect. No flashing from other drivers either.

Not surprising, and good to hear!

I think a high powered flashlight is probably better than the factory headlights :risas3:

I had no idea you could get black trucklites.

Dammit my wallet is about to get lighter...

I think that is just the reflection of the black "shelf" in the middle where the LEDs actually are. The straight on photo makes it fill up the reflective surface so it just looks dark. Those also look like the one with the heating element on the glass

I think that is just the reflection of the black "shelf" in the middle where the LEDs actually are. The straight on photo makes it fill up the reflective surface so it just looks dark. Those also look like the one with the heating element on the glass

This is correct!

My Truck kites look black from most angles, though the reflectors are indeed chrome.

Installed...
IMG_0812[1].JPG

Lots of great info here, thank you all.

I'm taking a look at the truck lites for my 06 TJ X. Currently I have the Sylvania something or other sealed beams. When I click the high beams, they are brighter than the low, but when I complete the motion and lock in the high beams, they kind of dim down a little.
Anyone have the same issue, and, if you switched to LED, did that issue go away ?

Thanks
Ray

Lots of great info here, thank you all.

I'm taking a look at the truck lites for my 06 TJ X. Currently I have the Sylvania something or other sealed beams. When I click the high beams, they are brighter than the low, but when I complete the motion and lock in the high beams, they kind of dim down a little.
Anyone have the same issue, and, if you switched to LED, did that issue go away ?

Thanks
Ray

This is normal. When you switch to LEDs though, o noticed it went away completely for me.

They are the lenses with the heating elements and, while they are silver, the black shelf definitely makes them look black from head on.

Is the heating element a must for the trucklites in the snow?

Depends, only if you live somewhere where it snows all winter long and you park your vehicle outside. I have the non heated Truck Lites, and they do just fine in the snow, even when it's almost zero out.

There's a ton of people running Truck Lites without the heater elements all up and down the East Coast and midwest. I've never heard of a single issue, unless you leave it outside in the cold weather overnight. Either that or if you drive in ice storms!

Reactions: VirtualRussel
So I just purchased a 2004 TJ and I'm looking to replace the stock headlights as project #1. I was going to go with the Evolution J but the JWSpeaker website says they are designed for the JK. Will I need an adapter or anything for the TJ or are they still plug and play? Are they clearly better/brighter than the Evo 2 for those that have seen both.