Jeep Wrangler TJ LED Headlight Upgrade Options

I have to give Morimoto 2Stokes 2.0 units a bit shout. Installed these in my 110 Landy replacing the H4 Sylvania bulbs and the difference is incredible. Still a 5500k color which I hoppe will settle in the high 4000s or around 5000K. For the money it cannot be beat! Adjustable to suit your housing and get the correct cut off as well as a great fanned heat sink and water tight with all of the right connectors.

E

Are the KC Lights worth twice the price of the Trucklites? I ordered some 27270C but second guessing if I should spend the extra money for the Gravity’s?

Anyone here figured out which LED model(s) are the best for producing enough heat to melt snow in the winter months when they are on while driving?

Of the knock-off inexpensive ones, I’ve never heard of any that do. The last I looked at LED’s with heated lenses, would have to sell a kidney just for one light. It’s usually not an issue when it’s well below freezing and “dry” snow. That 28-34° range with wet snow or rain/snow mix and it’s a fair bitch. I use Rain-X Plastic Water Repellent and it helps some. I specifically have kept my fog lights incandescent so I have something that will shed snow until I can safely clear the LED’s. I DD all winter, I maybe have to clear my headlights once or twice a season.

Fella could make a fortune inventing a stick on LED headlight defroster like for rear windows.

Reactions: PNW_LJ
Of the knock-off inexpensive ones, I’ve never heard of any that do. The last I looked at LED’s with heated lenses, would have to sell a kidney just for one light. It’s usually not an issue when it’s well below freezing and “dry” snow. That 28-34° range with wet snow or rain/snow mix and it’s a fair bitch. I use Rain-X Plastic Water Repellent and it helps some. I specifically have kept my fog lights incandescent so I have something that will shed snow until I can safely clear the LED’s. I DD all winter, I maybe have to clear my headlights once or twice a season.

Fella could make a fortune inventing a stick on LED headlight defroster like for rear windows.

Yeah, I looked at the factory MOPAR ones linked on this thread and needless to say I'll not be going that route lol. Unfortunately I don't have fog lights to revert to if snow accumulates. However I do live where the snow is dry 90% of the time.

Reactions: mushdogs
Yeah, I looked at the factory MOPAR ones linked on this thread and needless to say I'll not be going that route lol. Unfortunately I don't have fog lights to revert to if snow accumulates. However I do live where the snow is dry 90% of the time.

Well, if you ever want to sell a kidney, I know a guy… 🤣

To be fair, we get Cascade Concrete mountain snows once or twice a winter, and they can plug up a regular bulb same as LED. Overall, the 4 years I’ve been running the knock-off LED’s, I’ve got no complaints about using them in the snow.

The JL and JK OEM headlights seem to have a molded mounting bucket with the connector integrated into it. I can't see how this would fit unless it replaces the TJ Headlamp seat? Mopar says this is "NOT SERVICED".
I like the JL OEM LED lamps and they're available used at reasonable price. Has anyone tried to fit these in a TJ?

The JL and JK OEM headlights seem to have a molded mounting bucket with the connector integrated into it. I can't see how this would fit unless it replaces the TJ Headlamp seat? Mopar says this is "NOT SERVICED".
I like the JL OEM LED lamps and they're available used at reasonable price. Has anyone tried to fit these in a TJ?

JL headlights are 9 inch
TJ headlights are 7 inch

JL headlights are 9 inch
TJ headlights are 7 inch

JKs are 7 inch. But I have no idea if they can be modified. They sort of suck on my JK tho. Not the greatest headlights.

Trucklite knockoffs are great. I just found a set for my JK for $65. And the pair I had on my TJ were great. They were $65 as well. There is a long thread about them on here. Many of us use them.

JKs are 7 inch. But I have no idea if they can be modified. They sort of suck on my JK tho. Not the greatest headlights.

Trucklite knockoffs are great. I just found a set for my JK for $65. And the pair I had on my TJ were great. They were $65 as well. There is a long thread about them on here. Many of us use them.

JK and TJ needs adapter or splicing but they are the same.
just to clarify "JL and JK OEM headlights" are not the same.

61qSXZs2tBL._AC_SL1200_.jpg