Jeep Wrangler TJ LED Headlight Upgrade Options

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post, looking to get some help on LED headlights for my 2000 TJ. After a lot of research I decide to purchase some KC LED headlights(non galaxy version) but when I tried to install i realized that while they fit i can seem to get the outer ring on with the 3 screws due to the light being longer, it's a hassle so I might send them back.
I guess these are made for the JKs but I thought they would fir but apparently not.
I've heard great things about the trucklites which I believe will fit the TJs better. Are these still one of the better lights on the market now? Has anybody tried the new KC Galaxy's(non pro)?

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post, looking to get some help on LED headlights for my 2000 TJ. After a lot of research I decide to purchase some KC LED headlights(non galaxy version) but when I tried to install i realized that while they fit i can seem to get the outer ring on with the 3 screws due to the light being longer, it's a hassle so I might send them back.
I guess these are made for the JKs but I thought they would fir but apparently not.
I've heard great things about the trucklites which I believe will fit the TJs better. Are these still one of the better lights on the market now? Has anybody tried the new KC Galaxy's(non pro)?

I haven't heard of the KC Galaxy headlights. That seems odd that they wouldn't fit though, since JK headlights are interchangeable with TJs and vice versa.

The Truck-Lite (27270C) LED headlights (which I have myself) are still one of the best options out there, no doubt about it. The other top performer is the JW Speaker 8700 Evolution 2 LED headlights. Those would be my top two choices for the TJ!

Thanks Chris for your response. I actually meant "Gravity"

I would have thought they would have fit to but it's been a pain getting the headlight trim back on since the headlight sticks out further. I read some reviews on Amazon who purchased them for their of TJs and they mentioned having an issue with the trim, figured to give it a shot since I got them on sale but finding it maybe not worth the hassle. One mentioned they had to screw the "adjusters" all the way in but that doesn't make sense to me as it would through the beam all out off alignment, I would think.

I noticed you mentioned the JW speakers in the post, have you ever thought about changing out to those?

I noticed you mentioned the JW speakers in the post, have you ever thought about changing out to those?

Many times! The only reason I haven't is because my Truck Lites work so well. I think these days I slightly prefer the look of the JW Speakers, so if I could do it all over again, I would go with them!

Reactions: MIchael C
Awesome thread! I really struggled to make a decision whether to spend $100 for Chinese copies or not, but ultimately the decision became easier when I found a set of black JW Speaker 8700 Evo 2 for $400 shipped to my door. Not sure if we're allowed to mention vendors here, but they will come up pretty quick if you do a search.

Coming from the stock headlights on my 2001 Sahara, this was a world of difference and it only took 10-15 minutes to swap them out. I didn't have to make any adjustments, totally plug 'n play, and I even walked 30-40 yards in front of my Jeep last night to make sure that the lights won't blind oncoming traffic. The low beams are perfect and the high beams light up everything, but they will definitely blind oncoming traffic so don't forget them on.

Frankly I feel a bit stupid for waiting so many years to upgrade the headlights, it really is a safety issue and once you install proper headlights, it will become painfully obvious that the stock ones were grossly inadequate. Thanks again to everyone who contributed to the threat, it definitely helped me make a good purchase.

Attached pic shows stock headlight vs JW Speakers.

E54B7428-4881-45BD-994B-C2E3EBEB5D31.jpeg

Awesome thread! I really struggled to make a decision whether to spend $100 for Chinese copies or not, but ultimately the decision became easier when I found a set of black JW Speaker 8700 Evo 2 for $400 shipped to my door. Not sure if we're allowed to mention vendors here, but they will come up pretty quick if you do a search.

Coming from the stock headlights on my 2001 Sahara, this was a world of difference and it only took 10-15 minutes to swap them out. I didn't have to make any adjustments, totally plug 'n play, and I even walked 30-40 yards in front of my Jeep last night to make sure that the lights won't blind oncoming traffic. The low beams are perfect and the high beams light up everything, but they will definitely blind oncoming traffic so don't forget them on.

Frankly I feel a bit stupid for waiting so many years to upgrade the headlights, it really is a safety issue and once you install proper headlights, it will become painfully obvious that the stock ones were grossly inadequate. Thanks again to everyone who contributed to the threat, it definitely helped me make a good purchase.

Attached pic shows stock headlight vs JW Speakers.

Upgrading the headlights to LED headlights is one of the most cost effective and best mods you can do on our TJs. It makes such a huge difference!

Sorry to say, I pulled my Selo 7" 6000K LED lights out and replaced them with my stock head lights for now, I felt like I was blinding all the other drivers when I drove at night, getting flashed all the time, I even had them adjusted right, I may use them as a set of fog lights in a off road condition only.
On the lookout for something a little less offensive!

could be down to those Selo7's being cheep because the other LED's like Truc Lites and the Speakers et al, have a really sharp and distinct cutoff line preventing you from dazzling oncoming drivers.

projectlow.JPG

Hey Gang, anyone have experience with the Vision X Vortex’s in a TJ? If I wire the halos into my marker lights (green/yellow wire I believe is the non blink wire), should that be ok? I really don’t want to run another switch and would like them to come in with the marker lights anyway. If I do that, I have two questions:

1. When the turn signal is on/blinking, would the halo shut off on that particular side? That probably wouldn’t be a bad thing. That’s what my Jeep GC does.

2. When the headlight is on, regardless of high or low beam, will the halo be on? I think it will unless there is some kind of internal switch in headlight to kill power to the halo wire.

Thanks in advance!