Jeep Wrangler TJ LED Headlight Upgrade Options

Ask @Jerry Bransford and @CodaMan how they like them, they both run them. Actually, a lot of people run them on here and seem to really like them.

Mine have been just fine. They do have a little bit of a weird pattern on them but the light output us outstanding and no oncoming traffic has flashed their high beams at me.

Reactions: Chris
I installed the the ones from Amazon Chris linked too about 3 weeks ago. Went in easy, does present a large "light bar" on the ground just in front of the Jeep but overall very happy with them, a ton better than stock. I have not adjusted them and have only been flashed once since installing them. Only took about 4 days shipment time from Singapore via DHL and that was to LI, NY.

Reactions: Bosco and Chris
I think for the low cost of those headlights, it's pretty hard to beat. Especially when you consider that even a good flashlight would have better light output than the stock headlights.

Vision X Vortex (XIL-7RD) LED Headlights
Not sure why, but these ones have my favorite look of all the different LED headlights for the Jeep Wrangler TJ. I have yet to see anyone running them though, so if you end up buying a set, please post photos in this thread!

@Chris, I was on the fence when I bought mine between the black chrome model or the lighter ones - my local dealer showed me both against my Jeep and here was what we both thought looked better (halos were on, very hard to capture in the day o night with my iPhone though)...

XcX7oh8.jpg

@Chris, I was on the fence when I bought mine between the black chrome model or the lighter ones - my local dealer showed me both against my Jeep and here was what we both thought looked better (halos were on, very hard to capture in the day o night with my iPhone though)...

View attachment 26898

Are those the Vision X models? If so, very cool! I'm not a fan of halos, but I like the look of the housing on those headlights.

Are those the Vision X models? If so, very cool! I'm not a fan of halos, but I like the look of the housing on those headlights.

Yes, they are the Vortex XIL-7RD's. I was on the fence about the halos when I bought them, but they definitely grow on you! I also had the idea of wiring a schottky diode to them from my turn signal circuit to make them blink just to see if my theory would work.

Yes, they are the Vortex XIL-7RD's. I was on the fence about the halos when I bought them, but they definitely grow on you! I also had the idea of wiring a schottky diode to them from my turn signal circuit to make them blink just to see if my theory would work.

It should work. I’ve seen others wire up the halos to behave as turn signals!

Anyone have an installation issue with the truck lite knock offs?
Removed the grill and metal around the headlight. Quick and easy. Unplugged the old light and can't properly seat the new light. The 3 "grooves" just won't line up. It appears as if the new light is very slightly larger than the space. The old light goes right back in.
2016 sport
WHDZ 7 inch round led headlight
User error? I'd like to think it's me being stupid but this is pretty simple....... or so i thought
Thanks in advance,
Rocco

Anyone have an installation issue with the truck lite knock offs?
Removed the grill and metal around the headlight. Quick and easy. Unplugged the old light and can't properly seat the new light. The 3 "grooves" just won't line up. It appears as if the new light is very slightly larger than the space. The old light goes right back in.
2016 sport
WHDZ 7 inch round led headlight
User error? I'd like to think it's me being stupid but this is pretty simple....... or so i thought
Thanks in advance,
Rocco

I'll tag @CodaMan in this, since I know he has them.

Thanks

Tried again today. The knockoffs are definately a little bigger. Now I'm gun shy to pull the trigger on different lights. Hopefully Codaman can shed some light.
@cliffish has them as well, so maybe he'll chime in. Actually, tons of people are running these. You seem to be the first to have any issues installing them as far as I know.

Posting a picture of what you're talking about would help tremendously.

I bought 2 of the following. The set of 2 which is a few dollars cheaper are back ordered. Wish i took a picture one of the times i had it apart
It would be difficult to see as everything is black. Put the groove on the bottom in place and the other 2 grooves don't fit. It is as if the light is a little to large, about 1/16 of an inch
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019I0UBLU/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I bought 2 of the following. The set of 2 which is a few dollars cheaper are back ordered. Wish i took a picture one of the times i had it apart
It would be difficult to see as everything is black. Put the groove on the bottom in place and the other 2 grooves don't fit. It is as if the light is a little to large, about 1/16 of an inch
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019I0UBLU/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Those ones you bought are a direct bolt-on. Should take 5 minutes per light to install, if that.

Either you got sent the wrong ones, or you did something wrong in the install process. I'm not sure what, but had you taken pictures, I could have identified the issue easily.

Finger pointing to 1 of the 3 groove , as I call them
Pic 2 shows where the groove inserts
Pic 3 first groove properly in place
Pic 4 other groove doesn't fit. Hopefully it shows ok

20171217_140533.jpg

20171217_140623.jpg

20171217_140626.jpg

20171217_140653.jpg