Jeep Wrangler TJ LED Headlight Upgrade Options

I am going to order the Lantsun 7" LED Headlights, that @Chris posted. Do these come with everything I'll need to swap the old ones out? I drove my Jeep out of town at night, what a terrible experiance. I won't do that again until I have these new headlights. How do I add the forum tag to the order? I definitely want to do that.

I am going to order the Lantsun 7" LED Headlights, that @Chris posted. Do these come with everything I'll need to swap the old ones out? I drove my Jeep out of town at night, what a terrible experiance. I won't do that again until I have these new headlights. How do I add the forum tag to the order? I definitely want to do that.

Nope, they literally plug right in. Easiest install you'll ever do. You'll be happy you did too, as you know, the factory lights are just garbage.

Any Amazon link that is posted on the forum automatically converts to have the tag at the end. So, just use the link in the original post, or this one:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B015SL0MSK/?tag=wranglerorg-20

:)

Thanks Chris! I must admit, I was truly scared the night we drove just 22 miles out of town. I tried the high beams and realized the passenger side light was out. The road we were traveling on was windy and had a lot of hills. It's normally a very nice ride in the daytime, but it was terrifying in the Jeep at night.

Reactions: Chris
The stock headlights on these things are an absolutely joke. It's a wonder that they weren't labeled as a safety hazard by the DOT when they were brand new.

I must admit, LED headlights is one of the best upgrades I ever did. It hands down, transforms the way you see at night.

Reactions: Travis
I can't wait. I have night blindness as it is, there probably should be a restriction on my license. If it's raining outside, driving anything is a no go for me. The glare off the road absolutely blinds me. It's a good thing my work is literally 2 minutes from my house.

I can't wait. I have night blindness as it is, there probably should be a restriction on my license. If it's raining outside, driving anything is a no go for me. The glare off the road absolutely blinds me. It's a good thing my work is literally 2 minutes from my house.

My wife can relate completely. For this reason, she never wants to drive at night.

When I click on any link for the Lantsun lights it takes me to ... I want to make sure that I order the right lights..Turbo Pair 7 Inch Round Black Led Headlight with DRL Hi/lo Beam for Jeep Wrangler Jk Tj Harley Davidson with H4 Plug H4-h13 Adapter

When I click on any link for the Lantsun lights it takes me to ... I want to make sure that I order the right lights..Turbo Pair 7 Inch Round Black Led Headlight with DRL Hi/lo Beam for Jeep Wrangler Jk Tj Harley Davidson with H4 Plug H4-h13 Adapter

Those are the correct lights Mike.

They work on any vehicle with a 7" round headlight including Harley's and various other models.

Just so you're 100% sure, these are the right ones:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015SL0MSK/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: jestes
Those are the correct lights Mike.

They work on any vehicle with a 7" round headlight including Harley's and various other models.

Just so you're 100% sure, these are the right ones:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015SL0MSK/?tag=wranglerorg-20
That was quick! Thank you, so are these made by Lantsun? I keep reading about Lantsun but the link takes me to Turbo Marketing.. I new to owning a Jeep and the head lights are awful although I love everything else:)

That was quick! Thank you, so are these made by Lantsun? I keep reading about Lantsun but the link takes me to Turbo Marketing.. I new to owning a Jeep and the head lights are awful although I love everything else:)

They are made by Lantsun. Turbo Marketing is the company on Amazon who sells them.

I'm expecting mine today before 8pm. I'm going to install them as soon as they get here. I'll post pictures when completed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
Well, they have just arrived. They are beefy-er than I expected. Now for the install. I'm eargerly awaiting the hours of darkness today:D

20160917_114704.jpg

Reactions: UpperMI and Chris
Ok, well the install was a breeze but I have a couple questions. The old Sylvania lights had a plug directly on the light itself, the new ones have a cord with a connector, connected to the plug outside the light well. Do i have to worry about water getting to that? I taped and zip tied it to keep it tight, but should I wrap it in elecrical tape to keep the water out? Also, my passenger side bright light does not work, it didn't work on the original lamps either. That leads me to believe it's a problem with the Jeep & not the light itself. How do I figure out how to make the bright light work? I think it may take awhile to get used to the look, I guess I will see how they perform at night and use the mantra "function over fashion" if they don't grow on me. One more thing, how do I adjust them down? I don't want to blind oncoming traffic.

20160917_161238.jpg

Low beams
20160917_162607.jpg

High beams (passenger side low beam)
20160917_162629.jpg

Reactions: derekmac