Jeep Wrangler TJ LED Headlight Upgrade Options

Has anyone found the LED headlights draw less energy? The reason I ask is having the lights on without the engine running and battery life???

Yes, an LED headlamp draws significantly less power than a comparable halogen, that's one of the benefits of them. You'd have to look at the specific LED headlamp in question to see how many watts it draws, but I guarantee it's always much less than a halogen.

Reactions: MikeM
I have noticed some condensation inside one of my truck-lights. Not more than two years old. I don’t do any off-roading so a bit disappointing considering how much they cost.

I have noticed some condensation inside one of my truck-lights. Not more than two years old. I don’t do any off-roading so a bit disappointing considering how much they cost.
They warranty them, so I would contact them about that.

Reactions: Reign Mack
I just received and installed the "WHDZ" 7inch Round LED's. All the tabs fit into the slots correctly and I had no issues. Five minutes each and I was done. I DID NOT have to use the little jumpers that were included in the box. And both lights work, hi & lo beam. $99.99 total from Amazon. Life is good.

Chief

Update;

I still want LED headlights. I'm still undecided on WHICH ones to get. I'm still worried about snow and ice build up.

Reactions: Chris
Update;

I still want LED headlights. I'm still undecided on WHICH ones to get. I'm still worried about snow and ice build up.
JW Speaker fanboy, they suck is snow. So much, that I haven’t wanted to change from my stock tail lights to aftermarket LED tail lights for fear of them also packing up with snow. Even though I REALLY wanted a set :).
If you’re so worried, get the heated Truck Lites.
Trust me, the reason of worry is warranted. Had I not gotten a brilliant deal on the JW speakers and like projectors vs reflectors, I would had gotten the heated trucklite LED’s. Hell if I move any further north I may switch to whatever heated led headlight I can get a good deal on.

That’s what my wife said last night!

My problem is, well one of them, that I like the Vision-X lights you got. Plus I like the specs of the KC lights.

It sounds to me like you really need the heated Truck Lites though. That’s personally what I would go with in your situation.

Update;

I don't think I can help you with any snow and ice advice.....except to leave that part of country. We don't have much snow and ice here.

Chief

I'm still worried about snow and ice build up.
What do you mean, @lovemachine? I may have missed it in an earlier post. (Sorry, if that's the case...)

*Hmmm...it appears as though there's no heat from the LEDs, so snow and ice never melts away from the headlight. Is that correct? Never would have even thought of that as a problem...

What do you mean, @lovemachine? I may have missed it in an earlier post. (Sorry, if that's the case...)

*Hmmm...it appears as though there's no heat from the LEDs, so snow and ice never melts away from the headlight. Is that correct? Never would have even thought of that as a problem...

It isn’t a problem really unless you live somewhere where it gets really cold, and regularly snows most of the Winter. Here in the PNW that’s not an issue, but in the Midwest and East Coast, it can be an issue.

Reactions: Squatch

It isn’t a problem really unless you live somewhere where it gets really cold, and regularly snows most of the Winter. Here in the PNW that’s not an issue, but in the Midwest and East Coast, it can be an issue.

Yep. And here in Indiana, we’re currently getting a small ice storm. Already have a 1/2” sleet of ice on the roads.

Fun stuff.

LED's generate some heat but not as much as bulbs (nor enough to melt icy build up in really cold places)... you will see many LED designs will have built in heat sinks around the back.

Reactions: Squatch
you will see many LED designs will have built in heat sinks around the back.

Yes, my Truck Lites had the heat sinks on the back, as do my Vision-X headlights. They get a little warm, just not as hot as halogens.