Jeep Wrangler TJ LED Headlight Upgrade Options

I went with a cheap Amazon set, and am happy with them so far.

0B19E165-C1C2-4132-BBBC-FEF6589DE663.jpeg ADF048E1-9E66-4A75-8767-D5A388169042.jpeg 3661D291-5D01-47A4-A9EB-186BE0F1C451.jpeg F698365D-CB89-4B1A-8190-A4C5746F4604.jpeg

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Has anyone done a comparison between the Truck Lite knock offs and the JW Speaker copies ? Curious which has better light output. I would but the real ones but shocks and springs are more important right now .Thanks

Has anyone done a comparison between the Truck Lite knock offs and the JW Speaker copies ? Curious which has better light output. I would but the real ones but shocks and springs are more important right now .Thanks

Honestly, you'd just be splitting hairs at that point. I've compared light output from the real JW Speakers and the real Truck Lites. It's almost identical in terms of output, but in my honest opinion, the Truck Lite has a slightly better beam pattern to be honest.

It should be the same for the knockoffs as well, since they're basically the same exact thing.

Reactions: MikeM
Honestly, you'd just be splitting hairs at that point. I've compared light output from the real JW Speakers and the real Truck Lites. It's almost identical in terms of output, but in my honest opinion, the Truck Lite has a slightly better beam pattern to be honest.

It should be the same for the knockoffs as well, since they're basically the same exact thing.
Thanks Chris , the videos are great but getting the opinion of those who actually have used them in the same type of vehicle makes a difference.

Thanks Chris , the videos are great but getting the opinion of those who actually have used them in the same type of vehicle makes a difference.

I hear you 100%. I would opt for the Truck Lites personally. The light output is the same on both, but IMHO, the beam pattern / cutoff on the Truck Lites is a bit better.

Hey Guys... after driving home in the dark this week I pulled the trigger on a set of truck lites, $319 on amazon. Just a few questions on fitment. They seem to sit differently than the sealed beams, is the gapping normal and are these wires supposed to be covered by reflectors?
20181012_083943.jpg
20181012_083946.jpg
20181012_083954.jpg

Reactions: Chris
Hey Guys... after driving home in the dark this week I pulled the trigger on a set of truck lites, $319 on amazon. Just a few questions on fitment. They seem to sit differently than the sealed beams, is the gapping normal and are these wires supposed to be covered by reflectors?View attachment 58663 View attachment 58664 View attachment 58665

There is a little bit of gap around them.

Here's how the Truck Lites looked on my TJ. You can see the gap if you zoom in, but from a distance you can't tell.

IMG_4631.JPG