Jeep Wrangler TJ LED Headlight Upgrade Options

I don't have as much issue with South Korea since they play more fairly in trade practices. I buy American first (if availiable) and China last.

Yep, same here. South Korea doesn't bother me, it's China. Unfortunately as you know, often times we don't have a choice when it comes to electronics.

I've had my Chinese knock-off "Truck Lites" in about a year now and even after taking a direct hit from a deer still perform great. In fact, the deer actually cracked the light bucket on the backside, but no damage at all to the light! Well defined, crisp white light that'll stretch out as far as I need on low beam, get out of the way on bright though. I agree with Chris about the "sourcing" of materials just to claim made in the U.S..
View attachment 145688

I have not been hit by a deer. But I must say my Truck Lite knock offs have been incredible. Beyond the China vs US battle. I don't see how you can beat them at $65. Mine are still going strong after months and months of us on the daily. How many high end ones could you buy for $65? Even if they did blow out. Which they don't by all accounts. I couldn't be happier with them.

Reactions: Tray Burge
Hopefully recent events will lead to more American manufacturing. I'm sure demand for US products will grow.

Reactions: Tray Burge
I experienced my first snow storm where heated LEDs were beneficial.

IMG_20200420_164655.jpg

IMG_20200420_170543.jpg

I have not been hit by a deer. But I must say my Truck Lite knock offs have been incredible. Beyond the China vs US battle. I don't see how you can beat them at $65. Mine are still going strong after months and months of us on the daily. How many high end ones could you buy for $65? Even if they did blow out. Which they don't by all accounts. I couldn't be happier with them.

Where did you buy them for $65? I can only find them for $99.

Chris, have you had a chance to play with the new KC Highlights?
Did you get the Gravity 7" Leds (SKU 42361)? Looks like they are a direct fit for the TJs.
I have those headlights (and the matching fogs) they are super nice! High beams really light up your path!

Chris, have you had a chance to play with the new KC Highlights?
Did you get the Gravity 7" Leds (SKU 42361)? Looks like they are a direct fit for the TJs.

Yes, I did get them and I have played with them. They are very, very impressive in terms of light output. Well worth the money!

I'll take some night photos with them on soon!

I want to try some KC headlights next. I'm currently using the Vision X ones. I previously had the JW Speaker Evolution J2. In terms of light output, I preferred the J2s on the low beams and the Vision X seem better on high beams when using the HI 4 adapter. On low, the Vision X headlights have a noticeable region below the cutoff line that isn't filled as much with light. Example can be seen here. It wasn't a deal breaker for me, but something I did notice after moving away from the J2s.

Reactions: Ephry73 and MikeM
I ended up up getting genuine JW Speaker J2 units. The installation will be after I received the new buckets. I was pleasantly surprised to see very clear glass lens and hefty construction. Because of this, I want to make sure that the buckets are up to the task of holding them up. I have read great things about the JW units, and since I bought them at less than half the price for the pair, I couldn't pass it up. Currently the KC H4 conversion I have is not doing so well and I will probably redo the wiring loom later in the summer.

Any tips or suggestions about these Il Buono?

I ended up up getting genuine JW Speaker J2 units. The installation will be after I received the new buckets. I was pleasantly surprised to see very clear glass lens and hefty construction. Because of this, I want to make sure that the buckets are up to the task of holding them up. I have read great things about the JW units, and since I bought them at less than half the price for the pair, I couldn't pass it up. Currently the KC H4 conversion I have is not doing so well and I will probably redo the wiring loom later in the summer.

Any tips or suggestions about these Il Buono?
Are these actual glass?

I'm using e-code Hellas with LED H4 bulb replacements because I wanted glass. Although I'm happy with them, its always nice to have options. I was unable to find any LED headlamps with glass lenses, if these truly are actual glass, that would be fantastic!

I looked on their website, and it doesn't say so either way...

Yes the JW units are definitely glass. Heavy and very stout units indeed. The KC H4 headlights are polycarbonate and not one scratch on them.

Reactions: Zorba
Yes the JW units are definitely glass. Heavy and very stout units indeed. The KC H4 headlights are polycarbonate and not one scratch on them.
That's fantastic! I see zero reason to ever use plastic headlites - esp. since I live in Florida.

Are these actual glass?

I'm using e-code Hellas with LED H4 bulb replacements because I wanted glass. Although I'm happy with them, its always nice to have options. I was unable to find any LED headlamps with glass lenses, if these truly are actual glass, that would be fantastic!

I looked on their website, and it doesn't say so either way...

What lights are you running? I have Cibie with Philips Extreme 130% bulbs, while much better than the factory headlights they are still lacking compared to the lights on our DDs. Been looking at the various LED units but drop in bulbs would be even better if performance is good.

Reactions: Ephry73
That's fantastic! I see zero reason to ever use plastic headlites - esp. since I live in Florida.
I stand corrected. These ARE Polycarbonate, but have a special coating and hardness to the lens. Fooled me for sure. The way the lens is shaped just rigidity to the assembly as well.

These are the ones:

JW Speaker J evo

Reactions: Zorba
What lights are you running? I have Cibie with Philips Extreme 130% bulbs, while much better than the factory headlights they are still lacking compared to the lights on our DDs. Been looking at the various LED units but drop in bulbs would be even better if performance is good.
I was going to ask the same thing. Headlight revolution ha a few interesting subjects but everything is around the 6000k light output and I wanted something more in the 5000k range.

I was going to ask the same thing. Headlight revolution ha a few interesting subjects but everything is around the 6000k light output and I wanted something more in the 5000k range.

These are the only 5000K I’m seeing, like you said lots to 6000K and 6500K.

KOOMTOOM Mini Led Bulbs H4 Hi Lo Headlight Kits, 9003 HB2 Led Headlight Bulbs 5000K CREE Led Chip 360 Degree Beam Pattern 55W 8000Lm 1 Year Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L97JRH1/?tag=wranglerorg-20

The hope is that after a few weeks of use the light output mellows out. The only HIDs that I have purchased above 5000k were the Phillips cool blue rated at 5500k, but they mellowed out to around 5000k after a week.

The JW units are rated at 5000k, and from the videos it does look like a nice easy white-light yellow hue. My KC driving lights are 5000k with a yellow film on them and when on they seem just lighter than 3200k, which to me is perfect> but we are all different.