Jeep Wrangler TJ LED Headlight Upgrade Options

So I don't have to dig through 35 pages of bullshit, my buddy needs a set of tolerable budget LED headlights for his kid's TJ since the last ones did not fit the buckets. Can someone point me to a few I can send him links to please?

Reactions: mrblaine
So I don't have to dig through 35 pages of bullshit, my buddy needs a set of tolerable budget LED headlights for his kid's TJ since the last ones did not fit the buckets. Can someone point me to a few I can send him links to please?
Mopar LED Wrangler JK 2016 on Amazon.

I have factory fog lights on my TJ, has anyone upgraded the bulb only to an LED? If so would it just be a plug and play or would I need anything else?

I have factory fog lights on my TJ, has anyone upgraded the bulb only to an LED? If so would it just be a plug and play or would I need anything else?
I think @Zorbra put yellow LED bulbs in. Slightly too long. Slightly bent the shield.

Hella 7" Vision Plus H4 HeadlightsOften times referred to as "Hella E-code headlights". A close second to the Cibie, these 7" halogen headlight upgrades are a solid choice for improved light output over stock
I didn’t read all of the thread. But this isn’t accurate.
Vision plus are not E-codes.
Vision plus was created with flutes that are DOT compliant. A true E-code lens is not DOT compliant. Because at the time the dot regs required a dispersed light while the euro’s required a sharp horizon cut off with a flag illuminating more of the shoulder. There are different E-codes for L or Rt hand drive countries.

I didn’t read all of the thread. But this isn’t accurate.
Vision plus are not E-codes.
Vision plus was created with flutes that are DOT compliant. A true E-code lens is not DOT compliant. Because at the time the dot regs required a dispersed light while the euro’s required a sharp horizon cut off with a flag illuminating more of the shoulder. There are different E-codes for L or Rt hand drive countries.

Do you moonlight as a fact checker for Media Matters? If not, I'm going to send them your resume :LOL:

Reactions: Ron505
Do you moonlight as a fact checker for Media Matters? If not, I'm going to send them your resume :LOL:
Nope, been using Hella E-codes since the early 80’s.
about the only place left to get them is Rallylights.com

this is an e-code

21B5D26F-421F-4046-A2CB-8DEBE9088711.jpeg

and vision plus

2168817C-92DE-4383-97B6-A6355AE44D16.png

Last edited:
Very helpful post. I have not read the 36 pages of comments, but am wondering if anyone can recommend the most stock-looking LED option. I see Chris's comment in the original post that the United Pacifics look fairly stock, but since that post is 5 years old, I'm wondering if anything else has come out.

Very helpful post. I have not read the 36 pages of comments, but am wondering if anyone can recommend the most stock-looking LED option. I see Chris's comment in the original post that the United Pacifics look fairly stock, but since that post is 5 years old, I'm wondering if anything else has come out.
Try the Mopar LED for the 2016 JK.

Reactions: SSTJ
This combination will give you an awesome H4 headlight housing with what some regard as the best H4 LED headlight bulb out there. Your light output will be drastically improved over stock, and this setup won't break the bank either.​

FYI @Chris , no big deal, but the H4 link goes to an Amazon listing for Hella lights.

Thanks for this post.

Also, any thoughts on the Hellas that you mention above, versus the Hella E-Codes?

FYI @Chris , no big deal, but the H4 link goes to an Amazon listing for Hella lights.

Thanks for this post.

Also, any thoughts on the Hellas that you mention above, versus the Hella E-Codes?
Thanks, I’ll fix that!

I personally haven’t run any of the upgraded halogen headlights. I honestly don’t see a point in halogen lights anymore given as far as LED technology has come. Hell, even the light bulbs in my house are LED 😆