E910553F-6B91-47B1-8858-1C25CEA265F9.jpeg

AE7CC50E-216B-4B54-B98C-3BE2ACF912F8.jpeg

0C1BAF58-674C-4E8F-9224-85D8FEE9E5BA.jpeg

3BD91995-F745-4C62-B72D-868B95A1127D.jpeg

1D9AC493-21B7-4E9E-94B0-37E88B525827.jpeg

7E9F8101-B008-408F-A314-35B6EA29B23F.jpeg

EA9191CD-811E-48D3-8A04-496020A63D98.jpeg

1BEF8ADD-184F-43F4-A88C-0DFD1E149D15.jpeg

Already did the interior over the summer. I covered the seats in black leather with yellow stitching. I haven’t decided yet if I am going to add to the cage yet or not. I have everything to do it I’m just not sure if time is going to allow it yet. I have a few big projects starting at the shop soon. My stuff gets stuck on the back burner most times.

Already did the interior over the summer. I covered the seats in black leather with yellow stitching. I haven’t decided yet if I am going to add to the cage yet or not. I have everything to do it I’m just not sure if time is going to allow it yet. I have a few big projects starting at the shop soon. My stuff gets stuck on the back burner most times.
What do you think of the leather seat covers? And what kind are they?

What do you think of the leather seat covers? And what kind are they?

I was pretty happy with them, but I like leather seats! Lol! They are actually replacement seat covers so you remove the factory cloth and install these. I bought them through leather seats.com. I didn’t do the back because it hasubeen in my Jeep since the day I bought it and it probably will never be in there again. While I had them out I added seat heaters also.

Reactions: zebra12 and JMT
I see some seat heaters and covers in my future. Thanks for the pics...I’ve looked at the IGEE, $350 for the front and rear is pretty cheap, and @Chris suggests them. I will look into these.

I see some seat heaters and covers in my future. Thanks for the pics...I’ve looked at the IGEE, $350 for the front and rear is pretty cheap, and @Chris suggests them. I will look into these.

@psrivats has them in his TJ (the IGGEE covers I mean). They look so good that when I first saw his Jeep in person I thought he'd had the seats redone in leather. You really can't tell it's a seat cover, they fit that well!

Reactions: JMT
I looked at a few Yellow TJ’s with color match flares and it was too much yellow. Granted, they were all aftermarket flares, but you might check out some images online and see if that satisfies your curiousity.

We spray PPG water at the shops and we use all SATA guns. They get the best transfer efficiency with the PPG. We actually buy all the painters the same guns. Believe it of not the material savings over a year with 500 shops we save close to 6M in material cost.

Reactions: derekmac
Nice! I've been out of paint business for 12 years, so water was just starting to get introduced. We sprayed mostly DBC base and DCU2021 clear. DP40LV is still my fav primer.

The clear is still solvent, we use a really high solid clear. The whole Jeep will get a few good coats of DP50 epoxy, that will seal in all the bare metal and any rust pitting. Should hold up pretty well. I have a buddy that does media blasting so we are most likely going to blast the bottom of the tub, all the suspension, and the frame then DP50 epoxy in black on all the underside.

Nice! DP90, right? Let me see if my memory serves me, DP40 = grey/green, DP48 = white, DP50 = grey, DP74 = red oxide, DP90 = black. Sorry, I actually miss the body shop world, other than dealing with the insurance companies. I'm still a detail geek of sorts, but as I get older, not so much . Too much work, lol! Sorry for the derail.

Reactions: jeepndogs