Jeeps at the Seattle Museum of Flight

Indy05Rubi

Supporting Member
Had an amazing visit to the Museum of Flight - highly recommend if you are ever in the Seattle area. While I was there, I got distracted by a few Jeeps they have on display - both large and small. Enjoy!

In the WWII exhibit, there are a couple of Ford Jeeps. The first had a trailer in tow:

IMG_8203[1].JPG

IMG_8200[1].JPG

IMG_8201[1].JPG

IMG_8202[1].JPG

The other was tucked underneath the wing of a Republic P-47D Thunderbolt making it a little more difficult to get decent shots of it (couldn't get the first image to rotate for some reason before uploading):

IMG_8210[1].JPG

IMG_8209[1].JPG

IMG_8211[1].JPG

IMG_8212[1].JPG

IMG_8213[1].JPG

Then in the display cases of over 400 model WWII airplanes, I found this one trying to hide:

IMG_8215[1].JPG

Over in the Great Gallery (where they have the SR-71 and 38 other cool planes on display), I found a toy of the Jeep version of the Aerocar:

IMG_8243[1].JPG

IMG_8244[1].JPG

And for comparison, here is the actual Aerocar they have on display:

IMG_8241[1].JPG

Cool Stuff - we actually have the first one Ford submitted for testing here in Huntsville Al.

Hard to fathom the scale of those Wars after all this time.

I find it interesting that the military most commonly uses a narrow profile tire.

They only way this could be cooler - is if the JEEP was a CB (U.S. Naval CONSTRUCTION BATTILION-[the stepsons of the USMC])! !
Just saying.... Also, I had an idea years ago to replace my Factory Trailer type tail-lights with 1956 FORD (emblem shaped) tail-lights [Chrome Body of course]. Now, I know it would really not have been in BAD TASTE. But i changed the lens to European in stead. 😉

Reactions: RINC