Jeeps At Work

TJ4Jim

TJ Expert
Lifetime Supporting Member
Give me a Jeep and the knowledge to use it and we can move the world.
Jeep.jpg

I don't blame you! I used my winch to remove my shed from the backyard. It was way to heavy to lift. Not even 8 guys could have done it.

Very funny, I have the saw and the Jeep and was telling my son yesterday I would love a 45 ACP for my birthday.
Looks like you're getting all set to rule the Southern Oregon Coast there @TJ4Jim! You'll like most anything that pushes a 45 caliber chunk o' lead out the muzzle, by the way.

How are you doing down in Brookings? Getting hooked into the locals yet? Survive the winter OK?

Looks like you're getting all set to rule the Southern Oregon Coast there @TJ4Jim! You'll like most anything that pushes a 45 caliber chunk o' lead out the muzzle, by the way.

How are you doing down in Brookings? Getting hooked into the locals yet? Survive the winter OK?

It's been a busy and wet winter here, the fence contractor finished up about 2 weeks ago so now the Rotties have a nice safe fenced area to play in. We submitted the paperwork to the County for the garage building permit last week so I expect to get started with that very soon. # 2 son moved in here last week and we just got him registered for classes at the local college so at least I have company for now.
There are 3 old sheds that need to come down so we're starting that project now. As soon as the garage is done the original garage will be converted to a guest cottage which needs to be done before the summer so all in all it's been busy. Looking forward to some dryer and warmer weather and the trend is looking up later this week.

Reactions: Chris and StG58
Seeing that winch pull a shed, do you think a winch could uproot some cedar trees? I'm sure there is a limit but wondering if anyone has ever tried this.

Seeing that winch pull a shed, do you think a winch could uproot some cedar trees? I'm sure there is a limit but wondering if anyone has ever tried this.
You can use your winch to uproot trees. You will need to dig out around them and break loose as much root as you can. Then use your tree saver a snatch block and loop back to your jeep and a snatch block then to the tree again. This will increase your pulling power and make the tree take down easier.

Reactions: StG58

About a year after Hurricane Sandy I had to pull 3 Hemlocks out that were about 15' and they came out fairly easy. I doubled the line with a snatch block and soaked the root area with the garden hose.

I wouldn't use a winch to pull out trees, but I regularly use it to pull out deep rooted bushes. It does that with ease!

Reactions: StG58
You can use your winch to uproot trees. You will need to dig out around them and break loose as much root as you can. Then use your tree saver a snatch block and loop back to your jeep and a snatch block then to the tree again. This will increase your pulling power and make the tree take down easier.
Jeeps are usually pretty light weight. Without doing a little digging and root cutting you often times move the Jeep before moving the tree. Cut the tree down, dig the stump out and use the Jeep to pull the stump out of the hole.

Reactions: JP98