Jeeps from the porch...

StG58

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
When I was out on the front porch this morning, I started counting Jeeps. I counted six without moving off the porch.

Two YJ's, two TJs, a really nice red two door XJ and a JK. At one time there were 9 that I could see from the front porch. But I got rid of my extra XJ and the neighbor got rid of his WJ. The neighbor with the funny little Jeep something or other moved.

When I was out on the front porch this morning, I started counting Jeeps. I counted six without moving off the porch.

Two YJ's, two TJs, a really nice red two door XJ and a JK. At one time there were 9 that I could see from the front porch. But I got rid of my extra XJ and the neighbor got rid of his WJ. The neighbor with the funny little Jeep something or other moved.

You running a Jeep junkyard out there?

Nah, It just struck me how many Jeeps I could see from the front porch. Only one of the Jeeps is mine, the rest are within viewing distance and belong to others. There are days that you can't swing a dead Prius around here without hitting a bunch of Jeeps.

Reactions: Chris
It seems to be a toss up between Jeeps of various flavors and Subaru's being the unofficial car of the State of Oregon. Metro areas = Subaru's, everywhere else = Jeeps. The funny part is you see more beater minivans out in the woods than you see Subaru's. Lots and lots of full size 4x4 work trucks, the occasional Suburban, a few old IH Scouts or Bronco's, some K5 Blazers, but mostly 4x4 Work Trucks and Jeeps. Most of the Jeeps are TJ's, XJ's, and YJ's.

It seems to be a toss up between Jeeps of various flavors and Subaru's being the unofficial car of the State of Oregon. Metro areas = Subaru's, everywhere else = Jeeps. The funny part is you see more beater minivans out in the woods than you see Subaru's. Lots and lots of full size 4x4 work trucks, the occasional Suburban, a few old IH Scouts or Bronco's, some K5 Blazers, but mostly 4x4 Work Trucks and Jeeps. Most of the Jeeps are TJ's, XJ's, and YJ's.

I would say that the Subaru Outback is undoubtedly the state car of Oregon, haha!

Reactions: StG58
You'd think so some days, wouldn't you? The little buggers are everywhere. Don't see them much out in the woods past the parks though. The owners are all dressed up in REI / North Face gear and hang out in Washington Park or the malls. The Outbacks don't get out back much.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You'd think so some days, wouldn't you? The little buggers are everywhere. Don't see them much out in the woods past the parks though. The owners are all dressed up in REI / North Face gear and hang out in Washington Park or the malls. The Outbacks don't get out back much.

I know, it's some sort of a strange status symbol for whatever reason or another.

Reactions: StG58
Oh, I bought my TJ off a Subaru lot up in the Seattle area. Got a super deal on it. I guess folks would come in to look at Suby's and wanted to drive the TJ. He gave me a great deal to get it off his lot. Cracked me up.

Funny! I know the REI / North Face outback driving type. I see them all over here and really don't get it. Pretty sure Portlandia has done some skits on this at one point or another.

ahaha...Prius.

b3c020b9bab69d7781deb633e9c8fccd.jpg

$(KGrHqR,!roFI))CTi!rBSPGkOQfRg--60_12.JPG

image-2754322477.jpg

Here in mass i would have to say the subaru was ther best car I ever had in the snow even better then my cj

Here in mass i would have to say the subaru was ther best car I ever had in the snow even better then my cj

Subarus are widely regarded as being exceptional in the snow, way better than a Jeep even.

No surprise at all! I used to own one and it was awesome in the snow.

Subarus are widely regarded as being exceptional in the snow, way better than a Jeep even.

No surprise at all! I used to own one and it was awesome in the snow.

I've driven many different vehicles in our long snowy Upper Michigan winters, and TJs aren't the best vehicles in a snow storm. The short wheel base can get tricky if you're not careful.

I've driven many different vehicles in our long snowy Upper Michigan winters, and TJs aren't the best vehicles in a snow storm. The short wheel base can get tricky if you're not careful.

Oh, I believe it. I've never driven it in a crazy snow storm but I think the Subaru would be best in the snow unless it was deep snow in which case I'd prefer the TJ with nice tires.