Jeeps parking next to other cool things!

JeepZilla380

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
On a run up to the local Home Depot saw this beauty in the parking lot.... 53 Cadillac in pretty decent shape. Snapped a pic and chatted with the owner for a few minutes. Love me some old iron!

9613e900df0491e72ae110bd31138b85.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oh that’s a Jeep next to the Caddy! Looked like a H2 with that much chrome up front! Kidding @JeepZilla380!

[emoji23]. Now that’s funny!! I like my black wheels, bezel, and grille inserts. Looks good against the white

I’ve seen quite a few with chrome I do like. I’m just not a fan of the tube accessories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

[emoji23]. Now that’s funny!! I like my black wheels, bezel, and grille inserts. Looks good against the white

I’ve seen quite a few with chrome I do like. I’m just not a fan of the tube accessories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

Agreed. My Chrome stays cause it was part of the package on my Jeep, and I love blinding folks on sunny days.

Agreed. My Chrome stays cause it was part of the package on my Jeep, and I love blinding folks on sunny days.

haha I enjoy a bit of chrome on my TJ too, A chrome grill is like a silver buckle on the front end, just enough with going over the top. oh and love, love, love a fifties caddy (especially with some dolly's on the front bumper haha)

Reactions: JeepZilla380
This is a mockup of a Jenny that were originally stationed here in 1915. The planes were flown from Augusta Ga and took around a month to fly here.

View attachment 46091

Cool shots! Gonna need a thread change to Khaki Jeeps parking next to stuff!

love a fifties caddy (especially with some dolly's on the front bumper haha)
In the states, they're called Dagmars.

A couple of lines I grabbed from Wiki:
"Dagmar (born Virginia Ruth Egnor, November 29, 1921 – October 9, 2001) was an American actress, model, and television personality. In the 1950s, the statuesque, busty blonde became one of the first major female stars of television, receiving much press coverage."

"In 1950s auto design, the slang term "Dagmar bumper" emerged to describe dual chrome pointed projections on the front ends of Cadillacs, Buicks, Packards, and other U.S. automobiles, an allusion to the actress' physique and trademark attire."

56204cfa22f4d.image.jpg

60084806-770-0@2X.jpg

The resemblance is uncanny!

In the states, they're called Dagmars.

A couple of lines I grabbed from Wiki:
"Dagmar (born Virginia Ruth Egnor, November 29, 1921 – October 9, 2001) was an American actress, model, and television personality. In the 1950s, the statuesque, busty blonde became one of the first major female stars of television, receiving much press coverage."

"In 1950s auto design, the slang term "Dagmar bumper" emerged to describe dual chrome pointed projections on the front ends of Cadillacs, Buicks, Packards, and other U.S. automobiles, an allusion to the actress' physique and trademark attire."

View attachment 46134
View attachment 46135

The resemblance is uncanny!
Actually that car is called "Marilyn Monroe" in Finland because of the boobs.

Actually that car is called "Marilyn Monroe" in Finland because of the boobs.
Never been to Finland, but I did have a pretty expansive Marilyn Monroe memorabilia collection for about twenty years. I tried to give up cars, as the hobby (habit) is so expensive, and takes up so much room. I ended up with the cars and the added expense of the Marilyn collection! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: TJ2