Jeeps parking next to other cool things!

Haha! Yea she’s a 64. Got it from a one owner family out of San Fran. Spent its whole life there. Only had a small 1/2” dust hole in the cab corner when I got it. Pretty mint otherwise
We had a '63 GMC that lived its life 100 miles south of San Francisco - and it turned into a pile of rust. Front rockers and the hood rotted out from inside, that stupid "full coverage gutter" thing rotted out from outside. But I've always been partial to that body style...

Was dropping a friends car off at Barrett Jackson this week and this pulled in right beside us. It was no bigger than the Camaro he had on the front of the trailer. Cute little thing, built on an Isuzu chassis.

l4soR9Zh.jpg

We had a '63 GMC that lived its life 100 miles south of San Francisco - and it turned into a pile of rust. Front rockers and the hood rotted out from inside, that stupid "full coverage gutter" thing rotted out from outside. But I've always been partial to that body style...
Damn, I must of got a lucky one. Previous owner took good care of it

Reactions: Squatch
Damn, I must of got a lucky one. Previous owner took good care of it
I had a '60 Chev 1/2-ton back in '81. Those coil springs in the rear were useless for hauling, but they did make for a comfortable ride. And rust? I swear the only thing that didn't rust-out on that truck was the glass. The dreaded tin worm had a field day with that thing. Yours is just drop-dead gorgeous!

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
T
I had a '60 Chev 1/2-ton back in '81. Those coil springs in the rear were useless for hauling, but they did make for a comfortable ride. And rust? I swear the only thing that didn't rust-out on that truck was the glass. The dreaded tin worm had a field day with that thing. Yours is just drop-dead gorgeous!
Thanks man! Yea I get lots of comments when I take it out :)

Got this from the Inter-webs....

1974 Dodge Monaco: “It’s got a cop motor, a 440-cubic-inch plant. It’s got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It’s a model made before catalytic converters, so it’ll run good on regular gas. What do you say? Is it the new Bluesmobile or what?”
Jake: “You traded the Cadillac for this piece of $#!/?!”
Elwood: “No. I traded the Cadillac for a microphone.”
Jake: “Oh. OK.” 😆

• Haha
Well, you don’t often get to park next to a 30,000 ton national treasure, but here it is.
The battleship, USS Texas (BB35), is moored at the San Jacinto battleground near Houston & has been a museum since 1948 when she was presented to the people of Texas by Admiral Chester Nimitz himself. She was launched May 18, 1912 & was commissioned May 12, 1914. She is the last remaining Dreadnought battleship in the world and the last remaining ship to serve in both world wars. She was the first battleship to mount anti-aircraft guns, the first US ship to control gunfire with range keepers (analog forerunners of today’s computers), the first battleship ever to launch an airplane, and the first US ship to use CXAM radar.
The ship is closed for repairs right now & is about to be towed to Galveston for needed hull repairs at a dry dock. It’s always good to see this beautiful old treasure!

A30AFCFD-A9B8-49FD-8B24-AE286C0C1DB1.png

Well, you don’t often get to park next to a 30,000 ton national treasure, but here it is.
The battleship, USS Texas (BB35), is moored at the San Jacinto battleground near Houston & has been a museum since 1948 when she was presented to the people of Texas by Admiral Chester Nimitz himself. She was launched May 18, 1912 & was commissioned May 12, 1914. She is the last remaining Dreadnought battleship in the world and the last remaining ship to serve in both world wars. She was the first battleship to mount anti-aircraft guns, the first US ship to control gunfire with range keepers (analog forerunners of today’s computers), the first battleship ever to launch an airplane, and the first US ship to use CXAM radar.
The ship is closed for repairs right now & is about to be towed to Galveston for needed hull repairs at a dry dock. It’s always good to see this beautiful old treasure!