Jeepster Commando

I wish I still had my 1969 :'( Really exciting to see what people do with these. TrailRecon featured a beauty recently too (though I prefer the more original look like your link kept):

Cannot argue with the price. Pretty cheap entertainment.

Well it certainly looks like a Jeepster but everything he's done to it makes it anything but! Still awesome, that JK center console looks kind of out of place though.

Well it certainly looks like a Jeepster but everything he's done to it makes it anything but! Still awesome, that JK center console looks kind of out of place though.
Absolutely, an abortion. But a V8, a solid old rare Jeep with tons of patina. My kinda vehicle, no shortage of projects, starting with the interior... and the flares... and a tailpipe... and...

@Mike_H you should send this video to your friend.

@billiebob @Squatch you guys might like this video as well.
that was a great Video! Thanks for sharing, Sri! I definitely sent it to my buddy. He's an interesting case. He has the cash to buy one, he wants one, but doesn't want to pull the trigger...says he's got too many other projects (He has a J20 that needs some TLC, a CJ-5 that is pretty good, two Xj's, A J10 that needs a bunch of work, and remnents of a YJ that he started a Body off restoration on and lost interest). He hasn't done ANYTHING to any of them since he met his current girlfriend a year ago. I guess that happens.

Reactions: psrivats
One of my dream builds is an old CJ6 with modern running gear (think LS engine, Rubi axles, coil and link suspension) I kinda check craigslist every so often. I found this one today...Figured @Squatch would like to see it, as it has the green and cream color combo. Its WAY too nice for what I'm looking for though.

One of my dream builds is an old CJ6 with modern running gear (think LS engine, Rubi axles, coil and link suspension) I kinda check craigslist every so often. I found this one today...Figured @Squatch would like to see it, as it has the green and cream color combo. Its WAY too nice for what I'm looking for though.

View attachment 77442
That's a looker, for sure!

View attachment 77442

I was looking for a CJ6 for a couple of years and never could find one like I wanted. Then I discovered LJs and that they share the same wheelbase. 4 months later, my LJ followed me home from Kentucky.

Reactions: Mike_H
I was looking for a CJ6 for a couple of years and never could find one like I wanted. Then I discovered LJs and that they share the same wheelbase. 4 months later, my LJ followed me home from Kentucky.

Yeah, I know. I have such a soft spot for the CJ front end though...I love the styling of the late 60s/early 70s. In a perfect world, I'll buy a rusted out LJR with a good frame and put the CJ6 body on it.