JeepsUnlimited.net sold me junk parts

toximus

I live in my Jeep
Supporting Member
I wanted to warn you guys about buying from JeepsUnlimited.net. I ordered a cowl in great condition from them a week or two ago and I received it yesterday. I talked to them on the phone to order and it was supposed to be in good condition, no scratches, no rust, no issues. What I received is worse than what I'm trying to replace. I'll be calling them on Monday to return.

IMG_20190704_092030.jpg

IMG_20190704_092001.jpg

IMG_20190704_092014.jpg

IMG_20190704_092020.jpg

Do you think it could have been damaged in shipping, or that they knowingly sent it that way?

Do you think it could have been damaged in shipping, or that they knowingly sent it that way?

It was sent that way. There is rust in the scratches which couldn't have happened from shipping. Packaging was a little on the light side, but satisfactory.

That looks awful. They described as scratch free? Most of those scratches and chips look like they have been there for a while. Hope they take it back.

Yes scratch free. I would have understood slight paint blemish seen at an angle in the sun type of thing, but certainly not flaking paint and rust.

I'm not worried about getting my money back. My credit card has me covered there. If they want it back and make it easy for both of us is up to them.

It was sent that way. There is rust in the scratches which couldn't have happened from shipping. Packaging was a little on the light side, but satisfactory.

That's shitty! Sounds like the situation that happened to @moab recently where he ordered a set of "great condition" half doors and got completely burned on a set that looks like complete shit.

Of course he used PayPal "friends and family" so he has no recourse.

Dealing with stuff like this is the frustrating part, even if you do get your money back.

Always happens on a holiday. They should make it right, hopefully. Got a photo from further out, so we can see the whole part?

Ya'll are rank amateurs at buying stuff not as described. I bought a windshield frame listed in very good condition except for some minor surface rust at the lower seal area. This is what I got.
DSC_2648.jpg
DSC_2649.jpg
DSC_2647.jpg
Lots of nice folks stepped up to help me locate the little shithead, get his dad on the phone and get my money back.

Ya'll are rank amateurs at buying stuff not as described. I bought a windshield frame listed in very good condition except for some minor surface rust at the lower seal area. This is what I got.
DSC_2648.jpg
DSC_2649.jpg
DSC_2647.jpg
Lots of nice folks stepped up to help me locate the little shithead, get his dad on the phone and get my money back.

That windshield makes mine look like new BEFORE I repaired it!

Do I have to remind you of the time I returned $9000 axles not as described after spending a month trying to figure out why they weren't working? Thankfully I kept the box this time. ;)

That windshield makes mine look like new BEFORE I repaired it!

Do I have to remind you of the time I returned $9000 axles not as described after spending a month trying to figure out why they weren't working? Thankfully I kept the box this time. ;)
Yeah, but were they rusty?

Is Jeeps Unlimited a junkyard? I'm happy so many junkyards have so many great Jeep parts. But why can't they take a decent pic to save their life? Every single thing I've bought from a junkyard has pics taken with a Motorola Startac from 1986!!!! And if you ask for better pics it's like pulling teeth. You'd think in this day and age. You'd be getting high quality pics so they could compete with their competition. If I had a junk yard. I'd at least have a modern p hone taking all the pics.

I did good on my seats I bought. Even though the pics sucked big time. Looked like a screen shot off a VHS video. lol.

But my full doors that I got ripped off on. Were just fake pics - period. And the guys not a legit junkyard. More like a dude with a bunch of junk on his property and an offerup account. I should have known better. But most of all I should not have used my paypal balance and F&F. No recourse with that. Had I even used my credit card with F&F I would have been ok.

Even the full doors I ended up buying in good shape. HAd prolbems that the private seller didn't tell me about. Until after I had driven 3 hours to San Deigo. I was so exhausted from the early morning drive. That I didn't even try to negotiate with the guy. The problems were minor. I tiny crack in the door panels and a few scratches in the door. But nothing major. But still I should have dinged him for at least another $100 off. But like I said. It was a weak tired moment. And he had sent great pics. Just not of the damage. I have way more respect for an ad that shows close up detail photos of the damage. Rather than all nice shots.

In this day an age of technology there is no excuse for not getting EXACTLY what has been pictured. And pictures should include all damage as well as everything that looks ok. Anything less is a rip off. Period.

Reactions: Chris
I talked to them on the phone. He asked me to send pictures which I did right away. I didn't hear anything back. I've asked for a status update and I haven't heard back.

I talked to them on the phone. He asked me to send pictures which I did right away. I didn't hear anything back. I've asked for a status update and I haven't heard back.
Follow up your email mentioning the words charge back. That should get them moving.

Or just do it.

Follow up your email mentioning the words charge back. That should get them moving.

Or just do it.

I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt and wondered if I maybe sent the pictures to the wrong place... I called him up one last time before posting and he said he lost my number and he'd send pictures of another one he has in 3 minutes. He wasn't sure what color of red it is though. ...still nothing so I'm done wasting my time. It's charge back time!

I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt and wondered if I maybe sent the pictures to the wrong place... I called him up one last time before posting and he said he lost my number and he'd send pictures of another one he has in 3 minutes. He wasn't sure what color of red it is though. ...still nothing so I'm done wasting my time. It's charge back time!

Gotta love the chargeback. I hate having to use it, but when you need it, it's an awesome thing!

Gotta love the chargeback. I hate having to use it, but when you need it, it's an awesome thing!
We are in a holding pattern on one we filed. Kat needed a infra-red sauna to help with her RA. It wasn't cheap. I saved for quite awhile to get it. It had some minor issues that needed corrected. I needed some plastic sleeves for the glass mounting brackets, a heater that the burn guard didn't fall off of when you open the door, some small safety brackets for the walls per the instructions, and a call tag for the replacement heater they want back.

I figured out after my first email that they weren't going to do anything but I kept after it. Months later, they are letting the charge back go through rather than spend about 30 bucks to get paid the full amount. I even told them that on the phone, ya'll are being dumb. I want to pay you, I want you to get paid, send me these small things and I'll rescind the charge back.

Their response after a half hour on the phone trying to get them to understand what I need? We don't send parts to people who file charge backs.

Worse, I gave them an out that requires nothing but an email response to each item. Tell me in writing that you'll cover the glass if it cracks or breaks, tell me to toss the heater you want back so I can quit watching over it, tell me the safety clips are not needed, and promise I can get the solution for minimal cost if you ever figure out why the new heater won't stay paired.

We are in a holding pattern on one we filed. Kat needed a infra-red sauna to help with her RA. It wasn't cheap. I saved for quite awhile to get it. It had some minor issues that needed corrected. I needed some plastic sleeves for the glass mounting brackets, a heater that the burn guard didn't fall off of when you open the door, some small safety brackets for the walls per the instructions, and a call tag for the replacement heater they want back.

I figured out after my first email that they weren't going to do anything but I kept after it. Months later, they are letting the charge back go through rather than spend about 30 bucks to get paid the full amount. I even told them that on the phone, ya'll are being dumb. I want to pay you, I want you to get paid, send me these small things and I'll rescind the charge back.

Their response after a half hour on the phone trying to get them to understand what I need? We don't send parts to people who file charge backs.

Worse, I gave them an out that requires nothing but an email response to each item. Tell me in writing that you'll cover the glass if it cracks or breaks, tell me to toss the heater you want back so I can quit watching over it, tell me the safety clips are not needed, and promise I can get the solution for minimal cost if you ever figure out why the new heater won't stay paired.

That makes no sense at all from a business perspective. So now you get to keep the infrared sauna and you get your money back? Meanwhile all they needed to do to keep the money you paid them was send you some parts and address the situation.

Wow

Reactions: Allstar424