JeepsUnlimited.net sold me junk parts

That makes no sense at all from a business perspective. So now you get to keep the infrared sauna and you get your money back? Meanwhile all they needed to do to keep the money you paid them was send you some parts and address the situation.

Wow
That's pretty much it but I want to pay them and I want them to get paid. I don't want something for free, I don't want to defraud anyone. What started us down this path is their customer service rep. I politely listed the small issues I wanted taken care of. One of them was a set of back wall to side panel clips. The instructions say "please do not omit this step". He said they were not needed and I had the wrong set of instructions. To show me the error, he included a digital version of them with a screen shot of the page I was supposed to follow. It said, "please do not omit this step" with pictures showing exactly what my instructions said since they were in fact, the exact same instructions.

I knew at that point it wasn't going to go well but I kept at it patiently explaining what was wrong. They ignored me, I explained at that point I was not one of those who you can ignore and I will file a charge back to get your attention. So, either send me a set of instructions showing that the clips are not needed or send me two clips with screws.

Mind you, these are small straps about 3" long, 1/2" wide with a hole in each end for a #10 screw. They are worth about a buck fifty on an expensive day. They would rather not get paid over something like that. Or, they can fix the instructions and send those over. Either works and if I had 5 grand riding on that, I know what I would do even if I had to go whittle them out of a chunk of stainless with my pocket knife.

Reactions: Chris
My rebuilt transmission is from JeepsUnlimited. They specifically told me it was rebuilt in house with USA parts. It pops out of 4th on deceleration if I don't hold it in gear. It will also pop out of 2nd in low range when taking off if I don't hold it in with the strength of god. The transmission is also exceptionally loud in neutral when idling (common for the 3550, but this is much louder than my stock transmission was).

I have never contacted them about this issue, so I'm not really in the position to give them a bad review since I don't know how they would go about handling it. It just wasn't worth the time and effort of tearing the transmission back out and shipping it back to Colorado. Seems like they might just not know how to rebuild a transmission correctly.

Definitely regret not dropping the extra ~$500 for an advance adapters unit.

Reactions: skrelnik
That's pretty much it but I want to pay them and I want them to get paid. I don't want something for free, I don't want to defraud anyone. What started us down this path is their customer service rep. I politely listed the small issues I wanted taken care of. One of them was a set of back wall to side panel clips. The instructions say "please do not omit this step". He said they were not needed and I had the wrong set of instructions. To show me the error, he included a digital version of them with a screen shot of the page I was supposed to follow. It said, "please do not omit this step" with pictures showing exactly what my instructions said since they were in fact, the exact same instructions.

I knew at that point it wasn't going to go well but I kept at it patiently explaining what was wrong. They ignored me, I explained at that point I was not one of those who you can ignore and I will file a charge back to get your attention. So, either send me a set of instructions showing that the clips are not needed or send me two clips with screws.

Mind you, these are small straps about 3" long, 1/2" wide with a hole in each end for a #10 screw. They are worth about a buck fifty on an expensive day. They would rather not get paid over something like that. Or, they can fix the instructions and send those over. Either works and if I had 5 grand riding on that, I know what I would do even if I had to go whittle them out of a chunk of stainless with my pocket knife.
Final update on this mess. We won the dispute. The seller known as BV from here on called as soon as they got notice they lost. Asked when they could come and pick up the sauna. I explained that we really kinda wanted to keep it and the dispute was simply to get their attention. He said he would get everything handled so BV could get paid.

Then he committed a fatal error. He sent an email as soon as we got off the phone asking for THE list of the items to be forwarded to them yet again. A list that was dissected in the dispute process. A list that was bandied back and forth several times via email to all parties concerned. Sorry, nope, not gonna do your job for you and as I discussed my irritation over this with Kat, we both realized at the same time that their lifetime warranty was going to be pretty much bullshit.

Once we came to that realization, we were done. I fired off an email to that effect to all parties concerned, explained that we had zero confidence in them, the company, the product, their warranty, or the personnel associated with both.

The original Customer Service feller JS replied back that he was very sorry blah blah blah what does it take to keep you in the Clearlight family? I finally got to get a few licks in with my reply. (highly paraphrased) You sir are the sole reason for this problem, you fucked it, you cannot unfuck it. Come and get your sauna off of my porch.

crickets
more crickets

I rattle their cage with a "ya'll need to get this handled or I will assume from your lack of response that the sauna is mine to dispose of as I see fit".

JS replies "BV will be accepting the return. We require that you disassemble the unit, package it, palletize it and let me know when that is done so I can send the freight company by to collect it."

I reply- With the kindest regards possible in these circumstances, hell will freeze over first before I do all of that. Send a crew by to handle it, let me know when they are going to be here. If that is longer than a week, I'm putting it on Craig's List for free to anyone who can come by and haul it off.

Yippee! I get an email from a local company saying they will be here in the AM to retrieve their property.

The saddest part of all of this is that it could all have been easily circumvented by mailing me 20 dollars' worth of shit, telling me to install it per the instructions and telling me to throw away the heater or send a call tag for it. Just dumb, beyond dumb.

For anyone who cares, I lost the credit card dispute on this cowl. $100 wasted.
I care. Want me to write the dispute language next time? I kicked ass on the one for 5 grand, I filed another on some shit cabinets and won that one as well but it was only for a grand.

Final update on this mess. We won the dispute. The seller known as BV from here on called as soon as they got notice they lost. Asked when they could come and pick up the sauna. I explained that we really kinda wanted to keep it and the dispute was simply to get their attention. He said he would get everything handled so BV could get paid.

Then he committed a fatal error. He sent an email as soon as we got off the phone asking for THE list of the items to be forwarded to them yet again. A list that was dissected in the dispute process. A list that was bandied back and forth several times via email to all parties concerned. Sorry, nope, not gonna do your job for you and as I discussed my irritation over this with Kat, we both realized at the same time that their lifetime warranty was going to be pretty much bullshit.

Once we came to that realization, we were done. I fired off an email to that effect to all parties concerned, explained that we had zero confidence in them, the company, the product, their warranty, or the personnel associated with both.

The original Customer Service feller JS replied back that he was very sorry blah blah blah what does it take to keep you in the Clearlight family? I finally got to get a few licks in with my reply. (highly paraphrased) You sir are the sole reason for this problem, you fucked it, you cannot unfuck it. Come and get your sauna off of my porch.

crickets
more crickets

I rattle their cage with a "ya'll need to get this handled or I will assume from your lack of response that the sauna is mine to dispose of as I see fit".

JS replies "BV will be accepting the return. We require that you disassemble the unit, package it, palletize it and let me know when that is done so I can send the freight company by to collect it."

I reply- With the kindest regards possible in these circumstances, hell will freeze over first before I do all of that. Send a crew by to handle it, let me know when they are going to be here. If that is longer than a week, I'm putting it on Craig's List for free to anyone who can come by and haul it off.

Yippee! I get an email from a local company saying they will be here in the AM to retrieve their property.

The saddest part of all of this is that it could all have been easily circumvented by mailing me 20 dollars' worth of shit, telling me to install it per the instructions and telling me to throw away the heater or send a call tag for it. Just dumb, beyond dumb.
Most companies that fail earn it.

Check out FASTCAP, they sell specialty tools, etc...and are amazing. Every employee is asked to make 1 small improvement to the way things run each day. Folks that do that probably ain’t tearing stuff up and running off clients.

I care. Want me to write the dispute language next time? I kicked ass on the one for 5 grand, I filed another on some shit cabinets and won that one as well but it was only for a grand.

Thanks for cheering me up. Normally I do awfully well such as the ECGS axles and a bunch of eBay items over the years — I can't think of a claim I haven't won as a buyer or seller. This time there was no discussion only making my opening argument and being denied and was told to deal with the seller directly (part of my argument was that the seller doesn't respond.). I don't know the reason(s) for the case not going in my favor. I'm going to give JeepsUnlimited one more call on Monday.

I called Citi asking for more details. They said they notified the seller (JeepsUnlimited) of the claim and the seller pushed it back to them saying that there was not enough details for them. Citi then decided to resolve the case in the seller's favor. Since I called, Citi gave me a $100 credit "out of good faith".

I called Citi asking for more details. They said they notified the seller (JeepsUnlimited) of the claim and the seller pushed it back to them saying that there was not enough details for them. Citi then decided to resolve the case in the seller's favor. Since I called, Citi gave me a $100 credit "out of good faith".

Damn, that's crappy. I've never lost a dispute that I've filed, but in all fairness, I've only ever filed maybe 5 total.