Colorado Jeeptober Oct 3rd 2020 Buena Vista CO

jjvw

useless stäff member
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Copy/paste from WF...

The usual Jeeptober will be on October 3rd. Be prepared for anything and any weather. Trips will be as follows:

Chinaman's Gulch. This is a hard trail with several obstacles and some bypasses. I recommend 35" tires wheat least 1 locker. This trail has changed and is getting harder.

Fourmile to Bald Mountain. This is a trail for all levels of Jeeps. It is scenic with a few areas of 4 wheel drive needed.

Reactions: rasband and Vasq
Im in! Any interest in a Sunday venture after Chinamans? I really enjoyed Grizzly last year.

Here was last years description;

#1 Chinamans Gulch. Requirements are as follows, TJ, YJ, CJ or other short wheelbase will need a minimum of a 33" tire and ZJ, XJ, JK, JL or other longer rigs need 35" tire minimum. At least 1 locker is recommended. Body armor, rock sliders, and any under body protection is also recommended. Sway bar disconnects are also required or something similar. This trail is getting harder so what you might see in previous post or other sites may not be up to date.

Rookies are welcome but you MUST listen to your spotters as they will know the trail the best.

#2 Fourmile area to Bald Mountain. This is a great beginner trail with no size restrictions. This is a great trail for stock Jeeps of all kinds. Just enough to make it fun for all. Very scenic with views of the whole valley. We will need someone to guide this trip.

#3 MT Antero/ weather permitting. This trail is a little harder but with spectacular views that summits at 13,000 ft. This trail is a little harder trail but still can be done by a stock Jeep. This trip can also have a bonus trip to the Mary Murphy mine and Pomeroy lake.

Please read this part:
These are all day trips. Bring food, water, plenty of clothes for any type of weather. Bring your tool kits, first aid kits, good shoes. Be prepared for anything.

@rasband showing how its done on the Rock Pile
20191005_122441.jpg

Other photos
21FA46A2-5720-4102-911F-3EE095AD0C74.jpeg
20191006_104717.jpg
20191006_122707.jpg

20191006_141133.jpg

Reactions: rasband and jjvw
Curious to see what the turn out will be this year. So far only three responses on WF.

I have a neighbor with a tj on 35s. Ill see if he would be interested. I don't know if he likes the rocks or not

Bump! Only two weeks away.

I plan on driving up Friday night and camping. Also camping Saturday night.

So far only 5 confirmed and 3 maybes

Last edited:
I checked out the WF thread. It seems like everyone there and here is doing the advanced trip?

I'd be interested in the Bald Mountain and/or the Mt. Antero route from last year but I'm assuming that if nobody volunteers to be a trail leader for these, then it's not happening? I've always wheeled solo and never gone to an organized event like this.

I am out. Getting pulled back down to SW Colorado for work :cry:

@RMETeeJay --I'd keep an eye on the forum and see if there are any late responses. Typically there is a JK that does the 4 mile/Antero trails.

Reactions: RMETeeJay
Team Denver!

We will meet here at 7am Saturday morning. We will leave at 7:10am.

Phillips 66
16283 Morrison Rd, Morrison, CO 80465

https://maps.app.goo.gl/TB8NEyTcCwAUka7W8
Arrival at Gunsmoke in Buena Vista should be around 9:45am.

Last edited:
i wish...............i really wanted to come west and give this heap a test run on more than mud and dirt, but i'm not go be ready this season. y'all get to go wheelin and i'll be putting a new roof on the garage so i can store it this winter.
gonna try and shoot for the Moab meet.

i'd say, break a u joint for me, but y'all tore it up enough last trip out. post pics so we can all be jealous.

Reactions: jjvw
i wish...............i really wanted to come west and give this heap a test run on more than mud and dirt, but i'm not go be ready this season. y'all get to go wheelin and i'll be putting a new roof on the garage so i can store it this winter.
gonna try and shoot for the Moab meet.

i'd say, break a u joint for me, but y'all tore it up enough last trip out. post pics so we can all be jealous.

Early-April. You too, @toximus!

Sounds like a small group, which in my humble opinion makes Chinaman all that much more enjoyable... It also sounds like no one has really jumped in on the easy run... which at the moment I would be forced to relegate myself to 😞.

No worries, I'll just have to wait for April Phools!

You folks have fun!