Jezza's Ford 6R80 Transmission Swap

Crank sensor for the flywheel is mocked up. I made a template that locks into a dowel pin and a bellhousing bolt. The template aligns the sensor to the proper location on the 6R80 transmission bellhousing. Then it's a simple drill and tap routine. Screw the sensor in until it bottoms out and back out a half turn. It should work as good if not better than the oem system.

20221031_161452.jpg

20221031_161214.jpg

20221031_161243.jpg

Spacer is cut. I have a few things I need to address. The dowel pin holes on the 4.0 side are tight. Like pull on with the bolts tight. They did seat, but it's going to be a pain getting it apart. Also the countersinks aren't quite deep enough, but that's an easy fix.

20221101_185754.jpg

Spacer is cut. I have a few things I need to address. The dowel pin holes on the 4.0 side are tight. Like pull on with the bolts tight. They did seat, but it's going to be a pain getting it apart. Also the countersinks aren't quite deep enough, but that's an easy fix.

View attachment 372576

Wow your progress is phenomenal! Well done sir

Tested the spacer, corrected the countersinks, and fixed the dowel pin fitment. Then I started cutting the flexplate spacer. I need to adjust the fitment for the torque converter hub and crank bore, and drill the holes for the flexplate to bolt up. Chamfer, deburr and balance still before assembly.

20221102_184057.jpg

20221102_184132.jpg

That’s incredible. Can we see one with torque converter bolted up?

Reactions: Jezza
I was a bit confused when you started cutting up that flywheel, but I completely forgot that you're putting this setup in an 05. Makes perfect sense now!