Jezza's Turbo LJ

I installed this new "steering stabilizer" today. It makes the turns better.

20240302_152540.jpg

I installed this new "steering stabilizer" today. It makes the turns better.

View attachment 506035

Quite the intricate steering stabilizer 😆
Very similar to a hydro assist setup 😉
Jokes aside is that a stock tapped box? any steering fluid cooler setup on your rig,im sure your grill is a little crammed because of all the awesomeness you got going on in the front !
I got a PSC box laying around just need the hydro assist combined for when i go with bigger tires,still kinda need it now but i'll be fine ! Once i do go hydro assist im thinking about Blaines cooler setup with the passive cooler that gets tied into the grill/rad core support V bar but ill see. Time will tell

Reactions: LJtobey and Irun
Quite the intricate steering stabilizer 😆
Very similar to a hydro assist setup 😉
Jokes aside is that a stock tapped box? any steering fluid cooler setup on your rig,im sure your grill is a little crammed because of all the awesomeness you got going on in the front !
I got a PSC box laying around just need the hydro assist combined for when i go with bigger tires,still kinda need it now but i'll be fine ! Once i do go hydro assist im thinking about Blaines cooler setup with the passive cooler that gets tied into the grill/rad core support V bar but ill see. Time will tell

It's a stock box I tapped. I have a cooler in the grille above my heat exchanger. I'm also running a filter setup that helps cool it as well. The big bore boxes are nice, but pricey.

It's a stock box I tapped. I have a cooler in the grille above my heat exchanger. I'm also running a filter setup that helps cool it as well. The big bore boxes are nice, but pricey.

Awesome!
Yeah i kinda got lucky with my Psc box since i got it for about 580 if i remember correctly but no more than that ! When i find deals and have enough i'll strike......even if it means being short on cash for a little bit
Edit - Is it the same ford filter that you're using on your transmission ?

Reactions: MikeE024
Awesome!
Yeah i kinda got lucky with my Psc box since i got it for about 580 if i remember correctly but no more than that ! When i find deals and have enough i'll strike......even if it means being short on cash for a little bit
Edit - Is it the same ford filter that you're using on your transmission ?

It's an Allison spin on filter used in some of the GM vehicles. It's a good filter for hydraulic stuff with a low micron rating and a magnet inside.

It's an Allison spin on filter used in some of the GM vehicles. It's a good filter for hydraulic stuff with a low micron rating and a magnet inside.

Is this something I could run to help cool the 42RLE?

Is this something I could run to help cool the 42RLE?

I run one on my trans as well. I'm not sure how much it really affects the cooling besides a small amount of added volume and the surface area of the housing, filter and lines. Certainly less effective than even a cheap cooler.

20240302_152509.jpg

Reactions: MikeE024
Crappy parts saga the II. Brand new set of King main bearings from Summit. No tab on one of the cap side shells. Junk...

View attachment 506340

I'll be damned 😶 QC Ain't up to par now days it seems...
If im correct engine tech bearings are made from king so if anything you could try them ? Or exchange the same ones for another set of the same thing ?
Edit- Are Clevite bearings any good ?

I'll be damned 😶 QC Ain't up to par now days it seems...
If im correct engine tech bearings are made from king so if anything you could try them ? Or exchange the same ones for another set of the same thing ?
Edit- Are Clevite bearings any good ?

Idk, I had Clevites in the last one. One main just got the best of the old Mopars.

A possible future project. I picked it up cheap, presumably because no one has been able to swap one yet. I have no plans to do anything with it anytime soon, except to maybe get it running on the stand.

View attachment 514952

That ladies and gentlemen is a fine representation of why some of us are broke
"Hey how cool would it be to put that in somethin huh" - "Yooo your right man" 500 bucks later and another few here and there and boom....no moneys😆

• Haha
Reactions: Jezza and Wildman
A possible future project. I picked it up cheap, presumably because no one has been able to swap one yet. I have no plans to do anything with it anytime soon, except to maybe get it running on the stand.

View attachment 514952

Once upon a time I owned an F350 and was an active member of a Powerstroke forum. We had a gathering at Pismo Beach. One guy brought a TJ with a 6.0 swap. I have no idea how it handled with that much weight up front, but he was hauling butt through the dunes. It sounded awesome.

Once upon a time I owned an F350 and was an active member of a Powerstroke forum. We had a gathering at Pismo Beach. One guy brought a TJ with a 6.0 swap. I have no idea how it handled with that much weight up front, but he was hauling butt through the dunes. It sounded awesome.

These are about 30# lighter than a 4.0. They also make 300hp and 500 ftl/lb, and in the trucks fuel mileage is in the mid 20s.

My Dad had the Baby D-Max in a half ton and really liked the truck...sold it because he's just not a half ton guy. The few time I drove it, I was impressed with the engine. It would be pretty bad ass in a Jeep...if you can eliminate all the nanny state BS and make it run. Gotta imagine that would be tough.

Reactions: ColoJeep and Rickyd