Jezza's Turbo LJ

I'm working on a little side project. My multi-function switch failed again leaving the fog lights on. I had previously repaired the lever inside with some JB epoxy, but it wore another groove in it. I'm testing this replacement part to see if it will hold up long term.

Jeep_Wrangler_TJ_Multi_Function_Switch_Fog_Light_Repair.jpg

I'm working on a little side project. My multi-function switch failed again leaving the fog lights on. I had previously repaired the lever inside with some JB epoxy, but it wore another groove in it. I'm testing this replacement part to see if it will hold up long term.

View attachment 526703

That looks like some challenging mill work. Nice.

Reactions: Jezza and Wildman

View attachment 526703

My multifunction switch is also failing (turns fogs on by itself intermittently).

This would be a good solution!

• Sad
Reactions: Wildman and JMT
I'm not revving high at all. My trans is programmed to shift at 5k. I think the hard cut is 5600. Those were the springs he sent with it. Comp 26125. The ones I got are 74813 which is actually a Lunati part made by Comp.

Just curious if you had anymore input on these. I'm finally starting to get parts together to install my Russ built Eddy head and was considering installing these springs first.

Reactions: Rickyd
x2. I should be getting my head next week.

What was the turnaround? Ported and LS valves?
Just curious if you had anymore input on these. I'm finally starting to get parts together to install my Russ built Eddy head and was considering installing these springs first.
The heads are machined for an LS valvespring right?

What was the turnaround? Ported and LS valves?

Wellllll...Funny you should ask. It took longer and cost a lot more than it should have. So, Edelbrock no longer sells the bare heads (maybe this has changed since September). Not only that but they didn't have any heads available for a long time, so when I saw Summit had a complete head, I ordered it and had it shipped directly to Russ. This was September. Russ was recovering from some serious medical issues and I knew I wouldn't need it till the spring anyway, so I told him it was OK to sit on it. In March I reached out and asked him to go ahead and add it to his queue, he said he would have it in a couple weeks. May 9th he called and said it was ready, but I was leaving the country for work and I didn't want it to get here while I was gone, so I had him hold off on shipping. I flew back in yesterday morning and called Russ yesterday, he had just left town and wont be back till after Memorial Day. So hopefully he ships it Tuesday or Wednesday. Cali isn't too far from Denver, so hopefully I have it by the weekend.

All of the delays are purely bad timing and circumstance. I am not saying anything negative about Russ here. He is a great guy and a pleasure to do business with.

Because the head is no longer available bare I had to pay substantially more for the complete head for parts that are going to be removed and discarded before I even see it.

From my invoice, Russ used Manley 11360 valves, Comp 26125 springs, full port and increased the chamber volume.

Reactions: Rickyd

Wellllll...Funny you should ask. It took longer and cost a lot more than it should have. So, Edelbrock no longer sells the bare heads (maybe this has changed since September). Not only that but they didn't have any heads available for a long time, so when I saw Summit had a complete head, I ordered it and had it shipped directly to Russ. This was September. Russ was recovering from some serious medical issues and I knew I wouldn't need it till the spring anyway, so I told him it was OK to sit on it. In March I reached out and asked him to go ahead and add it to his queue, he said he would have it in a couple weeks. May 9th he called and said it was ready, but I was leaving the country for work and I didn't want it to get here while I was gone, so I had him hold off on shipping. I flew back in yesterday morning and called Russ yesterday, he had just left town and wont be back till after Memorial Day. So hopefully he ships it Tuesday or Wednesday. Cali isn't too far from Denver, so hopefully I have it by the weekend.

All of the delays are purely bad timing and circumstance. I am not saying anything negative about Russ here. He is a great guy and a pleasure to do business with.

Because the head is no longer available bare I had to pay substantially more for the complete head for parts that are going to be removed and discarded before I even see it.

From my invoice, Russ used Manley 11360 valves, Comp 26125 springs, full port and increased the chamber volume.

I'm curious as well. First off, I didn't think the Edelbrock heads were available at all. But if so, what type of performance gain could be expected? I have a Golen stroker which is significantly better than stock but I remain a little underwhelmed. I'm not sure what the answer is (head work, tuning, boost or a V8?). Honestly, I have other priorities and probably will leave alone except perhaps a tune, especially since @Jezza 's turbo kit doesn't work with a '97. But what do you guys think?

I'm curious as well. First off, I didn't think the Edelbrock heads were available at all. But if so, what type of performance gain could be expected? I have a Golen stroker which is significantly better than stock but I remain a little underwhelmed. I'm not sure what the answer is (head work, tuning, boost or a V8?). Honestly, I have other priorities and probably will leave alone except perhaps a tune, especially since @Jezza 's turbo kit doesn't work with a '97. But what do you guys think?

I can't comment on a lot of this, my build is all over the place, and constantly changing, like my mind. I am preparing for Jezza's turbo and a stroker, I am just doing things in the wrong order as more of a convenience.

One thing I will comment on is that I think every stroker should have a custom tune. You could be missing out of some serious improvement from what I have read and heard. I was originally planning on a Golen with the Eddie head. I know Chad says no tune is needed, but I still planned on one if I went that route.

Reactions: Woodrow
Yeah, I really need to try that. Thx for the push.

Russ has ported and unported numbers for both the stock and edelbrock heads.on jeepstrokers i think. I wanted to run it for the high compression mine has. 10.2:1

A couple weeks turnaround for the actual work is quite reasonable. Hope he's doing well

So, Edelbrock no longer sells the bare heads (maybe this has changed since September). Not only that but they didn't have any heads available for a long time

I didn't think the Edelbrock heads were available at all

From what I remember, this info is from Edelbrock probably 5 years ago, they produce in batch and will not produce more until a certain threshold is reached. So for a low volume item like a 4.0 head, it might be a while before they produce a new batch and resupply inventories, but as long as they offer it, there will be a new batch made.

From what I remember, this info is from Edelbrock probably 5 years ago, they produce in batch and will not produce more until a certain threshold is reached. So for a low volume item like a 4.0 head, it might be a while before they produce a new batch and resupply inventories, but as long as they offer it, there will be a new batch made.

I believe Russ said he was trying to get them to run a batch of the bare heads and he would take the whole batch, but I don't have that kind of patience.

Reactions: BlueC
I want to do some videos of before and after on some basic mods. There's probably going to be another stock airbox vs video as well.

Awesome. Do you have a basic list of what you're going to test?

Reactions: Wildman
Awesome. Do you have a basic list of what you're going to test?

I want to see if it's possible to make 200 wheel hp or about 250 crank with some basic mods. Basically I think I can disprove or maybe verify whether or not basic mods make a difference on the 4.0. I don't plan on going any further than possibly a cam. Most likely a header, cat back, windstar intake, throttle body, tune, then maybe cam and thin headgasket. I think it's got 200 on tap, but we'll see.

I want to see if it's possible to make 200 wheel hp or about 250 crank with some basic mods. Basically I think I can disprove or maybe verify whether or not basic mods make a difference on the 4.0. I don't plan on going any further than possibly a cam. Most likely a header, cat back, windstar intake, throttle body, tune, then maybe cam and thin headgasket. I think it's got 200 on tap, but we'll see.

Manual trans? That'd make 200 whp easier right?

I'll guess tuning, or just simply getting more aggressive with timing than factory, will give the biggest bang-for-the-buck.