Colorado Krew Hangout

26" of snow on Steamboat this weekend should be a good trip!

Im looking forward to it. I’ve been to most of the Colorado resorts at this point, but never steamboat. Will be nice to see a new mountain with some snow on it. Going to be a fun trip with 400 other college kids, even if we end up staying the week on I-70 🙂

Reactions: strumble8
Just as cold up here as I was with no doors at 7:00 AM a few months back...

B58DE9AF-A929-4FC9-A6A8-F5A3446150B7.jpeg

Finally got the carrier done
20191214_122016.jpg

Not crazy about it, but it is better than what I had. The mount assembly can use improvements. I'm thinking about placing it where it needs to go and having it welded vs. using the bolt bestop provided. The way it works right now puts a lot of pressure on the sidewall
20191215_154954.jpg

The handle is also hard to reach due to the 35s. Properly spaced out I think it would be easier to reach
20191214_133035.jpg

I was shopping around for Shell Rotella 10w-30 yesterday. Went to Oriellys, Advance, NAPA, and Walmart and no one was carrying it. Is shell phasing out the old dino oil?

Is the April Phools run organized here or JF? It may be too early, but a few buddies wanted to see our shenanigans.

Is the April Phools run organized here or JF? It may be too early, but a few buddies wanted to see our shenanigans.

Doug over on WF puts April Phools together. It's been pretty quiet over there. March is usually when we start talking about it.

Doug over on WF puts April Phools together. It's been pretty quiet over there. March is usually when we start talking about it.

It felt early, so that makes sense. We need to get him over here too since all of us in October were TJ/LJs except one.

Reactions: jjvw
Anyone want/need a poison spider dana 30 diff cover? $50. I'd rather not pack and ship it.
20200105_115649[1].jpg

PSA: clean your savvy skids

20200122_165652.jpg
20200122_165917.jpg

There had to been 5lbs of dirt and grime on my skid and crossmember. My speedo oring broke a while back and then the output shaft seal leak. ATF and dirt make a nasty combination.

I’m backpacking “the maze” April 17-19 which means I’ll be in Moab anyway. I’m tempted to stay the 20-22 (or longer) as well to finally live the dream of wheeling Moab.

Anyone interested?

Reactions: tworley
I'm currently trying to go Memorial Day weekend, but we have a trip to Italy planned the very next weekend. So you'll have to count me out for April😕

I'm currently trying to go Memorial Day weekend, but we have a trip to Italy planned the very next weekend. So you'll have to count me out for April😕

Booo...

just kidding, Italy will be a good time - have either of you been there before?

Booo...

just kidding, Italy will be a good time - have either of you been there before?

Never. We havent had a honeymoon since getting married. Life kind of got in the way. We've talked about going now for a couple years and just havent pulled the trigger. Finally said "if we dont just do it, its not going to happen". So we've been working with a travel company for a few weeks now. 3 days in Rome and then hopping on a train and up to Florence for 4 days.

I think you ought to bring your jeep to Moab. We went to Moab last spring but in my wifes Cherokee, we visited the park and spent time in town before heading off to Monument Valley. It was absolutely killing me not having my jeep there.