Colorado Krew Hangout

hell yah that looks like fun..that's the kind of stuff i want to try and run. you guys planning that later this yr? i'd come out for that.

i got 2wks vacation saved for a trip out west to camp and run some trails. and i'm taking the wk of Easter to devote a full wk to the build.

If timing works out we could caravan from Iowa.

Reactions: someguysjeep
hell yah that looks like fun..that's the kind of stuff i want to try and run. you guys planning that later this yr? i'd come out for that.

i got 2wks vacation saved for a trip out west to camp and run some trails. and i'm taking the wk of Easter to devote a full wk to the build.

Carnage is right next to the Chinaman trail that is open year round. You'd at least get people to watch!

I'm not running carnage, but I'll pretend to and play at the gatekeeper is all.

20190826_162952.jpg

Reactions: rasband

Your's would go a lot further than the rest of ours. :)

I also have to make it over 1000 miles back home and I'm going to be lucky if I've broken in the gears on a 2-1/2 year project by the time I leave. Lol. Should be a good shake down run.

That's great! If I had a lawn, you could stay there.

Here's a sneak peak at my project this weekend. Half way done.
20191011_183611.jpg

20200307_193506.jpg

Nice! Did you have to drop the skid support down (kept gas tank at the same level) or were you able to get extra tuck on it?

Haven't tackled the extra gas tank tuck yet. That might happen later this year. Genright body mounts are going in tomorrow and the center skid might go up a hair more if things go well.

Reactions: toximus
I got the time off work and am underway on tuning shocks so I may get to be an honorary CO Jeep member for the weekend.

If I can show up a couple of days early I'll trade labor for tent space in somebody's lawn.

I have a smallish garage that can maybe help you out with tools and shade, let me know if I can be of help. I’m one of the lesser experienced of the local group, but can usually make stuff happen.

I have a smallish garage that can maybe help you out with tools and shade, let me know if I can be of help. I’m one of the lesser experienced of the local group, but can usually make stuff happen.

Thanks man. Fingers crossed I should be able to make the round trip with nothing but adding gas the the tank. But if something goes wrong it's nice knowing that friends won't be far away. I was actually hoping to help anyone else out if I show up early. I'm also happy to bum around the area and see the local sights.

I looked at the calendar and fleshed out the shake down run some. Again... All assuming I get the Jeep ready for the trip in time.

Mrs Tox and I will be coming in from the north east so I'm looking at arriving Friday around 4pm and camping in Denver area and joining up with the Denver group Saturday at 6:45am and head to Gunsmoke with everyone. Are there any recommended camping areas close by?

Similarly, are there any camping areas recommended near the trail ride for Saturday night?

We'll staying an extra full day (Sunday) if anyone is interested in more wheeling, fixing broken Jeeps or playing tourist. On our way out I do need to stop at the saddle blanket store you guys talk about! Haha!

Murdoch's? If you have the same luck I had, you'll have to visit 2-3 of them to get enough blankets to cover your seats. Better plan on staying a 3rd day. :)

Murdoch's? If you have the same luck I had, you'll have to visit 2-3 of them to get enough blankets to cover your seats. Better plan on staying a 3rd day. :)

That was the place!

It's possible I can come a day earlier. Let me know if any plans form and I'll see if I can adjust. I'm also sure this will be the first trip of many to come.

Reactions: jjvw
Camping in Buena Vista might be the best option, save yourself 2 hour drive the morning of the run. You can even camp right near the trailhead.

I still need to get my shit in order. ARB compressor isn't working, though I have a new pressure switch. The engine skid needs mounted still, front bumps, and tire rotation

i peeked map quest just for the hell of it. it's 21 hr's and 1440 mi. but it's a pretty straight shot 80 to 76.
i talked to my girl and she's down for a trip later this yr.

now all i gotta do is finish this mess i got goin here.

i peeked map quest just for the hell of it. it's 21 hr's and 1440 mi. but it's a pretty straight shot 80 to 76.
i talked to my girl and she's down for a trip later this yr.

now all i gotta do is finish this mess i got goin here.

85mph speed limit too. So make sure whatever you're driving can do it or else it'll take forever getting through Nebraska (most boring section of road ever).

I'm going to straight shot it. With gas fillups add a few hours. I'm hoping to make it in 24 hours.

@jjvw Mrs Tox reminded me today that even if Red isn't ready, the Khaki TJ is. So one way or another I think we're on. Sign me up!