Colorado Krew Hangout

OK, enough with this crap, I am going to have them balance my rims, THEN install the tires and balance them!
Why do we insist on them trying to balence both? It is a complex algorythim to balance two objects with complex multi axial balance to work with each other. Do each by them by themselves! Am I nuts? OK, well that's a given

85mph speed limit too. So make sure whatever you're driving can do it or else it'll take forever getting through Nebraska (most boring section of road ever).

I'm going to straight shot it. With gas fillups add a few hours. I'm hoping to make it in 24 hours.

@jjvw Mrs Tox reminded me today that even if Red isn't ready, the Khaki TJ is. So one way or another I think we're on. Sign me up!

i did some work in Grand Island, Neb. i was out there for almost a yr, building systems at the Case- New Holland plant. drove home like 1x a month.

that's 1 of the most boring rides i ever made.............2 corn fields the whole way 1 on the right and 1 on the left.

If Cornavirus continues and non-essential infrastructure keep closing down I'm not sure we'll be making it for the spring run even though I don't see any ways that the trail ride itself is unsafe. :(

• Sad
Reactions: tworley
If Cornavirus continues and non-essential infrastructure keep closing down I'm not sure we'll be making it for the spring run even though I don't see any ways that the trail ride itself is unsafe. :(

Would you be passing through Minneapolis on the way here? My dad is planning to drive out to ride along with me. If you make the trip, I wonder if it would be good to caravan together.

Would you be passing through Minneapolis on the way here? My dad is planning to drive out to ride along with me. If you make the trip, I wonder if it would be good to caravan together.

Yes sir. And I'd be happy to caravan with him. I'm still really hoping we can make it I just don't want to be stuck someplace with no available food, stores open to resupply on camping gear, or way to get parts in to fix my Jeep.

Edit: I just got an email that REI is closing their retail stores until March 27. Hopefully things get better not worse.

Last edited:
Yes sir. And I'd be happy to caravan with him. I'm still really hoping we can make it I just don't want to be stuck someplace with no available food, stores open to resupply on camping gear, or way to get parts in to fix my Jeep.

Edit: I just got an email that REI is closing their retail stores until March 27. Hopefully things get better not worse.

I'll mention it and see what his travel plans are. I know he was going to spend a night halfway through. Likely in Nebraska.

I'll mention it and see what his travel plans are. I know he was going to spend a night halfway through. Likely in Nebraska.

We can always drive separate but if one of us has an issue we wouldn't be too far away to help each other. Always good knowing friends are nearby if needed.

Reactions: jjvw
My wife's office told everyone not to come in for the next two weeks--curious how that will play out for them, 1000s of employees logging onto a VPN to share a network, my guess is not a lot of work will be done.

Glad this new gig has far less employees🤓

I’ve been wondering the same, I can’t imagine most people going from an office to home will transition easily - it’s a harsh adjustment for many.

I took the week off (but that was before the whole virus shutdown) to get a small break in - Jeep work, side business, and time away to a cabin in summit county which I’m apparently not supposed to go to during this 🙄.

...and time away to a cabin in summit county which I’m apparently not supposed to go to during this 🙄.

Probably the best place to be in all seriousness. Away from everybody and out in some fresh air.

If you got time off you can go to my house and install my parts:D We're virus free, I promise!

Reactions: tworley
I've been working 12+ hour days getting employees remote so we can continue business. My time off work in April isn't going to happen if I need to stay around supporting remote employees.

Computer hardware is becoming increasingly difficult to obtain too as stuff is being bought up.

I hope you guys have a fun trail ride and enjoy the time away in the woods. I'm coming out as soon as this all blows over!

I hope you guys have a fun trail ride and enjoy the time away in the woods. I'm coming out as soon as this all blows over!

The official call off then? I wont be surprised if more than half of the folks dont show up for April Phools because of the current situation. The mountain towns with ski resorts here have officially shut down. Ive even heard that some of the towns in the San Juans have the National Guard blocking roads in and out...though I dont know how true that is.

The official call off then? I wont be surprised if more than half of the folks dont show up for April Phools because of the current situation. The mountain towns with ski resorts here have officially shut down. Ive even heard that some of the towns in the San Juans have the National Guard blocking roads in and out...though I dont know how true that is.

I hate to say it, but yes. I initially was thinking that even if I get the red Jeep running (which I don't even have time for this week) I'd take the khaki Jeep. Even if this blows over before April 4 I'm going to be required at work moving everyone back into the office. I just don't see any way it'll be possible for me to come. I'm really bummed too since my Jeep is ready to eat rocks. :(

Jeeptober then? We had a good camping setup this last year minus the crazy wind. JJVW even almost dropped his tank to swap in the new skid!

Reactions: jjvw