Colorado Krew Hangout

Exactly where I'm at lol. My master install kit is on backorder 🤬

I wish you had a front Dana 44 sitting there so you could use my kit that’s just sitting. Did RGA say which end is backordered (thinking maybe if it’s the Dana 44 they could ship you the 30...)?

I wish you had a front Dana 44 sitting there so you could use my kit that’s just sitting. Did RGA say which end is backordered (thinking maybe if it’s the Dana 44 they could ship you the 30...)?

It's both the Dana 30 and Dana 44 Master install kits. I was going to have him just send the gears and I would source my own bearings and seals for now... I'll check back tomorrow.

I really only need an inner pinion bearing and a new seal I have everything else.

Reactions: rasband
It's both the Dana 30 and Dana 44 Master install kits. I was going to have him just send the gears and I would source my own bearings and seals for now... I'll check back tomorrow.

That’s frustrating, though understandable. The supply lines have been fairly disrupted - part of why I rushed my order in before I was ready. If you can use either end of mine and source the other parts you need elsewhere, you’re more than welcome to.

Reactions: hosejockey61
I’m planning to run Red Cone Sunday AM with my 5yro for anyone interested. I’ll be coming from the high country so would plan to meet around 285/60 probably unless there’s somewhere better.

Damn! I want to do red cone and radical hill in my Gladiator. I have all my kids coming over for one of their birthdays on Sunday though 🤬

I know most folks prefer Saturday in case stuff breaks (I generally do too), but this seems mild enough and since my wife does event planning many of my weekends have to be Sunday during the later season.

I'm coming in from the Denver area. Dillon is a long ways out of the way. Which direction were you planning to run Red Cone? Last I knew it was one way from the ridge down to Webster Pass. From Dillon you would need to drive around to 285 to hit the start. How about meeting at the junction of 285 and Hall Valley Road (60)? If you are leaving Dillon at 8:30, that would put you at 285/60 around 10. I'm flexible.

For some reason I thought it was through the Montezuma side. Let’s do the 285/60 junction around 9:15. If others from the Denver area come - I’d bet they can caravan from morrison.

I really only need an inner pinion bearing and a new seal I have everything else.
try Summit Racing....they keep stuff in stock, and ship same day M-F if you order b4 3pm EST

Snow up above Telluride this morning

20200901_072724.jpg
20200901_072019.jpg
20200901_063300.jpg

Apologies for not reading the whole thread because it's probably been discussed before, but any recommendations for a shop around Denver for gears? I was talking to the owner of Black Label Offroad in Golden, but he has gone silent now. I bought my LJ with 35s on it and it still has the 3.73s and they blow goats.

Apologies for not reading the whole thread because it's probably been discussed before, but any recommendations for a shop around Denver for gears? I was talking to the owner of Black Label Offroad in Golden, but he has gone silent now. I bought my LJ with 35s on it and it still has the 3.73s and they blow goats.
I've used Edge Automotive in Englewood twice and both were for the front axle. Good guys and perform several regears a month. Labor wise I want to say they're $85-100 / hr

I've used Edge Automotive in Englewood twice and both were for the front axle. Good guys and perform several regears a month. Labor wise I want to say they're $85-100 / hr
Thanks! My co-worker had his JKU lifted and regeared there a couple years ago. I'll get a quote from them. They aren't too far from my office near downtown Littleton, so that's convenient. I had the impression that their prices had gone up a bit though still below High Country.