Colorado Krew Hangout

They broke into his house too, stole birth certificates, passports, money and bank info, weapons, found the keys and took the jeep right out of the garage.
That's horrible. Part of the reason I have a camera system, on in the garage pointed right at the jeep, plus 5 others inside and outside. And a safe that's bolted down nice and secure.
I hope they catch the bastards.

Reactions: rasband
Its not looking good. Nobody saw anything, nothing on cameras in the neighborhood, they live in a nice part of town too. I felt sick to my stomach the first time my jeep was gone thru, I cant imagine having my house broken into and all my possessions stolen.

We have cameras too around our house. It sucks you have to resort to something like this. We live in what I think is a pretty nice part of town as well, but just a few weeks ago someone rummaged thru my jeep, I was parked just outside of view. I really need to get my motorcycle sold so I can start fully taking advantage of the garage. I can get a vehicle in there now, but with the bike too its jam packed.

Its not looking good. Nobody saw anything, nothing on cameras in the neighborhood, they live in a nice part of town too. I felt sick to my stomach the first time my jeep was gone thru, I cant imagine having my house broken into and all my possessions stolen.

We have cameras too around our house. It sucks you have to resort to something like this. We live in what I think is a pretty nice part of town as well, but just a few weeks ago someone rummaged thru my jeep, I was parked just outside of view. I really need to get my motorcycle sold so I can start fully taking advantage of the garage. I can get a vehicle in there now, but with the bike too its jam packed.
You know where I live, seems like a pretty safe place. We never had problems other than the occasional teenage mischief. Until 2 summers ago. Someone put 10 rounds of .40 cal into out 60 year old neighbors house. Through the garage door, and the window into his office. That's when we got the cameras.

You know where I live, seems like a pretty safe place. We never had problems other than the occasional teenage mischief. Until 2 summers ago. Someone put 10 rounds of .40 cal into out 60 year old neighbors house. Through the garage door, and the window into his office. That's when we got the cameras.

Whoa! Thats scary! That seems like something more personal

Well the last I heard they were able to secure their bank info, but my nephews name was used when someone tried to open an American Express card in his name. They believe it was a cleaning company (or someone the cleaning company knows) they use on a weekly basis. The house wasnt ransacked and the thieves knew exactly where everything was at. The jeep hasnt been recovered. If I had to take a guess it is out in a remote area completely stripped or on its way to Mexico

Well the last I heard they were able to secure their bank info, but my nephews name was used when someone tried to open an American Express card in his name. They believe it was a cleaning company (or someone the cleaning company knows) they use on a weekly basis. The house wasnt ransacked and the thieves knew exactly where everything was at. The jeep hasnt been recovered. If I had to take a guess it is out in a remote area completely stripped or on its way to Mexico
That's sucks, it does sound suspicious that they knew where look.

My brothers jeep was recovered yesterday. Found in a seedy motel parking lot along Colfax. They arrested a woman too. They obtained a search warrant for this woman's house (why is she at the motel? Shooting into her arm is my guess) and they recovered everything else too, all personal documents, weapons, etc...

The interior of his jeep is absolutely trashed I am told. Junkies (this woman and several others) had it for 6 days so God only knows what they were doing inside.

Reactions: rasband
My brothers jeep was recovered yesterday. Found in a seedy motel parking lot along Colfax. They arrested a woman too. They obtained a search warrant for this woman's house (why is she at the motel? Shooting into her arm is my guess) and they recovered everything else too, all personal documents, weapons, etc...

The interior of his jeep is absolutely trashed I am told. Junkies (this woman and several others) had it for 6 days so God only knows what they were doing inside.

That's mostly great news, sucks that there are so many junkies around Denver now. Union station has needle drops in the bathrooms it's so bad...

That's mostly great news, sucks that there are so many junkies around Denver now. Union station has needle drops in the bathrooms it's so bad...

Thats awful. Why allow something like that in a public place? I understand the "safe injection" spots, but having something like that in Union Station?

The woman pictured above looks clean, maybe just becoming addicted, sad to see really.

Fascinating, sad, and strange. My old boss has lifelong addiction issues where he would occasionally disappear into a hotel room for a few days. He never stole a vehicle to my knowledge.

my project last weekend was insulating the ceiling of my garage, picked up some r30 attic insulation at the depot, only needed 14 rolls, but it was cheaper to buy 20(bulk discount) It has helped a lot, so far the garage temp has not gotten below 40 degrees. I ordered a forced air electric heater from amazon and installed it yesterday. That should help those winter projects be a lot more fun!

Reactions: tworley
I've recorded 38 degrees in mine when it was in the single digits a few weeks ago. I have a plan to insulate the garage door later this year which should help tremendously

Last edited:
none of the exterior walls in my garage are insulated either. I wasn't expecting the change in temp to be as significant as it was. I will have to look into the door kits? are they very bulky?

none of the exterior walls in my garage are insulated either. I wasn't expecting the change in temp to be as significant as it was. I will have to look into the door kits? are they very bulky?

I was looking at some from Lowes and they were 3/4" and 1". 8 panels IIRC. $60 or so

My step dad just did some on his garage door, they made a huge difference. I worked out there a lot before I closed on my house last week, it was rough driving 20min down and trying to do work on a hot car...