Colorado Krew Hangout

My step dad just did some on his garage door, they made a huge difference. I worked out there a lot before I closed on my house last week, it was rough driving 20min down and trying to do work on a hot car...

Congrats on the closure! I remember my hand beginning to cramp after writing my signature over and over and over...

Reactions: rasband
Congrats on the closure! I remember my hand beginning to cramp after writing my signature over and over and over...

Fortunately my signature is lazy, so it's not too bad 😂. I had a goal of getting the TJ in the garage before the next snow... disappointingly that did not happen. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: tworley
Well with the nice weather on Saturday and Sunday I put my attention towards my motorcycle. Oil and coolant change, tightened the throttle cable and also pulled the carb and gave it a serious cleaning. The little bit of riding I did last year I felt a hesitation during certain speeds. Turns out the pilot jet was a little gummed up and I reset the a/f mixture. The power is back at low speeds and never once felt the stumble.

Well with the nice weather on Saturday and Sunday I put my attention towards my motorcycle. Oil and coolant change, tightened the throttle cable and also pulled the carb and gave it a serious cleaning. The little bit of riding I did last year I felt a hesitation during certain speeds. Turns out the pilot jet was a little gummed up and I reset the a/f mixture. The power is back at low speeds and never once felt the stumble.

View attachment 81634View attachment 81635View attachment 81636View attachment 81637View attachment 81638View attachment 81639

Great looking bike. I’ve never ridden one with the high bars - how are the characteristics different?

Great looking bike. I’ve never ridden one with the high bars - how are the characteristics different?

Thanks, I bought it in April of 2009. Its an 06 that was a showroom floor model. I got a smoking deal on it as the dealer was trying to make room for the newer models. I am just shy of 30k miles.

A lot of people ask me that question. Its very very comfortable. My hands are right at my shoulders so they don't go numb during long rides and with the fulcrum so much higher turning is much easier. I currently have it listed for sale, but havent had many bites. If it doesnt sell, then I'll hang on to it and try to enjoy it a bit more. I just find myself riding less and less each year. Cell phones have taken the fun out of riding, your head has to be on a constant swivel.

Thanks, I bought it in April of 2009. Its an 06 that was a showroom floor model. I got a smoking deal on it as the dealer was trying to make room for the newer models. I am just shy of 30k miles.

A lot of people ask me that question. Its very very comfortable. My hands are right at my shoulders so they don't go numb during long rides and with the fulcrum so much higher turning is much easier. I currently have it listed for sale, but havent had many bites. If it doesnt sell, then I'll hang on to it and try to enjoy it a bit more. I just find myself riding less and less each year. Cell phones have taken the fun out of riding, your head has to be on a constant swivel.

I only ever had road legal trail bikes but got to take a few friend's Harley's and sport bikes out too, the feeling was great but I sold mine as well for similar reasons. That and I enjoy the Jeep offroad more than the bikes.

Reactions: tworley
I just started a Colorado thread nice lol.

Wanted to get us Colorado Jeepers out for some coffee heels and breakfast or something I'm down here in Pueblo region. But it'd be nice maybe every couple weeks we can meet somewhere neutral? Jeeps and javaaaa

Reactions: rasband
Wanted to get us Colorado Jeepers out for some coffee heels and breakfast or something I'm down here in Pueblo region. But it'd be nice maybe every couple weeks we can meet somewhere neutral? Jeeps and javaaaa

COS would probably be the best spot.

I've never been to Jeeps & Java. Just as it sounds? Coffee and jeeps?

Reactions: Zaythedad

I've actually never been either but COS perfect. We can do jeeps and breakfast. Don't have any jeep buddies down this way so the more the merrier! You know just some good ol
🐂💩

The summer time isn't a great time for these meetups. Unless they take place at a trail head! We are going to be in Moab July 4th weekend. We could have a jeeps and java meet there

Reactions: tworley and jjvw
The summer time isn't a great time for these meetups. Unless they take place at a trail head! We are going to be in Moab July 4th weekend. We could have a jeeps and java meet there
Some of us aren't as financially inclined to head to Moab my friend but those of us who would like to meet everyone and then trailhead or not I'm up for it.

I went to a Jeeps and Java thing on the south end of town a couple years ago. There were venders, big wheels and lots of bright colors that triggered my social anxieties. :)

This has been my view for the last 2 hours. The truck was blown sideways on the highway.(I70 and e470) Hope everyone else is at home or somewhere safe!

20190313_115953.jpg

You are not to far from me. Luckily I can work from home pretty easily. I just shoveled the drive/deck and its already covered under 1.5" of snow again. The wind is really starting to pick up

3/4 of a tank. Just talked to a cdot plow operator, he is stuck about 1/4 mile behind me. He was out on foot. He said there are 3 semi trucks crashed about a 1/2 mile ahead of me, and tow trucks were dispatched at 11:15. They apparently can't get to the wreck. So I am in for a long afternoon...

3/4 of a tank. Just talked to a cdot plow operator, he is stuck about 1/4 mile behind me. He was out on foot. He said there are 3 semi trucks crashed about a 1/2 mile ahead of me, and tow trucks were dispatched at 11:15. They apparently can't get to the wreck. So I am in for a long afternoon...

No way to turn around on that part of 470/70 either unless you are back towards Alameda.

EDIT: You are on the east side aren't you? That area is supposed to get even more snow than what the west side is.