Colorado Krew Hangout

No way to turn around on that part of 470/70 either unless you are back towards Alameda.

EDIT: You are on the east side aren't you? That area is supposed to get even more snow than what the west side is.
Yep on the east side, stuck between e470 and air park. Even the frontage road is at a standstill. Thankfully I have plenty of gas, and water.

8" total at my house, and it was all gone as of yesterday morning (minus the shaded backyard). I love having a south facing house!

Reactions: rasband
8" total at my house, and it was all gone as of yesterday morning (minus the shaded backyard). I love having a south facing house!
Nice, I couldn't tell you how much we got, but I still have a 6' drift in my backyard as of this morning. And a pile about 5' deep in my front yard from clearing the driveway

BTW, which are the two rigs that couldn't make it and got destroyed? All the Jeeps in the photos look pretty good to me.

Over a month later, sorry I didnt see you ask this.

There is a mile long trail that spurs off on this one. It is called Carnage Canyon. One of the most difficult trails in CO. The two rigs that got destroyed ran Carnage Canyon. They were grand cherokees. Both families and both had small children. One guy broke two axle shafts, and had extreme body damage, they had to leave it on the trail until the next day. They were poorly and utterly ill-prepared.

• Wow
Reactions: rasband
A buddy of mine let me drive his 2010 Corvette yesterday. 6.2 V8 with an exhaust dump:D

IMG_4767[1].JPG

This was a mess yesterday, I drive this route everyday. I had left work maybe 15-20 min before this happened. Seems every other day I see an 18-wheeler pulled over headed east bound either letting their brakes cool or because they are smoking an insane amount.

Not jeep related, but we spent the weekend (last weekend too) redoing our backyard. The deck I have no idea how it was still standing, most of the joists had pulled free (which explains why it was shifting away from the house). I found a ton of dry rotted wood. A mixture of pine, cedar, treated and non treated. Various types of screws (torx, square, phillips all ranging from 2 to 3.5").

IMG_4837[1].JPG

You can see the separation from the first step in this photo.
IMG_4842[1].JPG

This also explains why we had such a sag. Most of the joists had pulled free. Whoever built this did a horrible job. Some joists were held by two nails. Some had 6. It was really a half-assed job. The stair from the door was not even supported by anything, the corner support was loosely placed, literally just resting.
IMG_4846[1].JPG

We put sod all around this weekend. That was a ton of work, much harder than I originally anticipated. Next weekend we plan to build a much smaller patio/deck. It will probably be 8x12 and built correctly this time.
IMG_4947[1].JPG
IMG_4948[1].JPG

Also, heres what a 17x10 deck looks like chopped up into a bunch of pieces:D. I had 4 trips loaded like this.

IMG_4943[1].JPG

IMG_4837[1].JPG

IMG_4842[1].JPG

IMG_4846[1].JPG

IMG_4947[1].JPG

IMG_4948[1].JPG

IMG_4943[1].JPG

Last edited:
Anyone want/need a set of OE Dana 30 axle shafts? Or an HPD30 that needs a trackbar mount (which I have)?

Is it passable? I just heard this morning that Argentine Pass is still covered.

I read it was open to the top, than snow and ice. Hoping maybe with the warm weather that will be gone by saturday

I am a distant maybe. I get home from my 17 days in Little Rock on Wednesday evening with several things to catch up on at home. Plus my rear locker is still the same as last year. A slippery Spring Creek might not be wisest idea for me!

I went up spring creek about a month ago and hit snow at about 9000 ft. Finally turned around at 9800 just below where you top out of the valley. I think spring creek at its highest is only about 10800 so should be mostly clear by now. I’m guessing there will still be patches of snow/ice but generally passable.

I can’t go Saturday but may be able to do Sunday. Will just be getting back from a long business trip so can’t completely commit but definitely a possibility.

When I went thru on Wednesday I saw very, very little snow in Georgetown. I would say it is passable now with the warm weather.

I am a maybe at the moment (though most likely can go)--I still need to finish decking my stairs which I am hoping to do one afternoon this week.

Reactions: strumble8
Wife and I got back from trip yesterday. We went to Moab, Monument Valley, Page (lower antelope canyon), Grand Canyon, and Telluride. We didnt do enough research, we found info saying the Grand Canyon was dog friendly and ran with that, turns out dogs are only allowed above the rim. So we were limited to hanging out at the scenic pullouts. Same with moab, couldnt do any hiking because dogs were not allowed on the trails.
IMG_5206[1].JPG

IMG_5336[1].JPG

IMG_5392[1].JPG

IMG_5393[1].JPG

IMG_5473[1].JPG
IMG_5470[1].JPG
IMG_5526[1].JPG