Colorado Krew Hangout

Can anyone recommend a good, close to town (South Denver), and mild/moderate trail to test upgrades on? I finished the 2.5” OME today and want to try to get out a few hours Saturday to test out how it feels on something more than dirt roads.

Maybe a 285 to Breck or Keystone loop and back (Red Cone? - edit: still closed apparently). Anyone else interested in a mild morning?

Last edited:
Anyone know what Imogene is looking like right now? Planing on hitting it tommorow.

Anyone know what Imogene is looking like right now? Planing on hitting it tommorow.

From what I have seen around, it just opened a week ago. So I'd anticipate some snow (or at least running water) at the higher elevations. But that's only based on reading various openings around planning my September trip.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Can anyone recommend a good, close to town (South Denver), and mild/moderate trail to test upgrades on? I finished the 2.5” OME today and want to try to get out a few hours Saturday to test out how it feels on something more than dirt roads.

Maybe a 285 to Breck or Keystone loop and back (Red Cone? - edit: still closed apparently). Anyone else interested in a mild morning?

Saints John would be a fun test. I just landed in St. Louis for the week, so I'm out.

Red Cone or Webster Pass (not sure if open yet) would be good options. Yankee Hill or Bill Moore Lake (both near Idaho Springs) are also nice easy trails with great scenery.

Red Cone or Webster Pass (not sure if open yet) would be good options.

Last I heard Red Cone was cleared of avalanche debris but whoever controls the gate is limiting access at the moment to let the trail dry out a bit. Speaking of trails--I heard Black Bear will not open this year. The run off from the massive amount of snow has washed out areas and there is still a pretty big drift right at the steps near Bridal Falls.

How about the gulches @rasband? Hacket, Longwater, and Metberry Gulch. Roughly a 5/10 according to TrailsOffroad. I have never ran any of them and not sure if I can this Saturday (need to check on a few things first). But they are all located West of Monument.

I heard Black Bear will not open this year.

This is a huge bummer to read, I will be in the San Juans for a week in early September and this is on our list. Hopefully they can get it cleared... The most up-to-date info I am reading seems to be from https://soajeep.com/trail-maps-conditions/

> We are hearing all sorts of rumors on this trail. The last report from San Miguel (Telluride) is that there is a large wash-out below Ingram Falls that they will have to fix and may not get to it until the end of August. We hope for better news soon.

Got the rig back from Edge, control arms and bump stops should be all set. Ready to hit the trails. I'm pretty sure I'm going to leave my job in september and take the first 2 weeks of October to go explore and camp before our Macedonia trip. So in october if anyone will be out and about, let me know.

Reactions: rasband
Does anyone have a plasma cutter? I’m trying to decide if I should sell the MOPAR Rock Crawler front bumper or grind it out to support the Antirock. However that may structurally ruin the recovery points and the sellability.

Any thoughts?

F661D9FD-AA94-49F9-B429-944B26202D39.jpeg

Sell it. Too much of the strength for the recovery tab comes from that end cap. Making the bumper work with an AR will end up being big and clunky.

Sell it. Too much of the strength for the recovery tab comes from that end cap. Making the bumper work with an AR will end up being big and clunky.

Hopefully there’s still a market for this one, I know last year it was hot.

How long did your new motobuilt take to ship? I was planning to get the AR on before a trip 9/5-9/10

How long did your new motobuilt take to ship? I was planning to get the AR on before a trip 9/5-9/10

It was on backorder at the time. About three weeks to get out the door. The shipment itself happened within a week, if I recall.

This is great news, I may try to do an early morning Saturday or Sunday loop up 70 and down Red Cone or something to test out the AR and lift.

I have to be back before 10 on Saturday, Sunday I have until around noon. Anyone interested?