Jimglo car hauler trailer recommendation

Rick2004LJ

TJ Enthusiast
Just want to throw out a recommendation for a car hauler to trailer your Jeep.

I have an aluminum Jimglo Trailers Ego model . I will preface this Rec by warning these are not cheap - but well worth the cost in my opinion. I buy/restore/sell classic cars and originally got the trailer for hauling them around, but realized it is invaluable for hauling our trail Jeep.

First the trailer is all aluminum and very lightweight - right at 1K pounds depending on how it is set up. We pull the Jeep behind a class c motorhome and a steel trailer would put me overweight.
It has a tilt bed - so no ramps. You just pull up onto the trailer, stop when it breaks over and you are perfectly balanced.
You can get it with an integrated winch mounted in the front tool box. Have used it many times to load broken down jeeps.
Can be configured with lots of different tie down options. Mine has recessed D-Rings front & rear, rub rails, and I included full length e-track.
It has removable fenders - not a need for getting in and out of lifted jeeps but very handy when you need to crawl under the jeep for repairs etc. while it is on the trailer.
The front mounted tool box is great for storing chains, straps, chocks, etc.
I got it with rock guards, again not a big concern for jeep but helps with aerodynamics.
We have hauled our Jeep well over 10,000 miles with it, rescued broken jeeps, hauled Jeep chassis, axels, etc. along with lists of low ground clearance cars.
The folks at Jimglo are spectacular to work with.

If anyone is interested I can go into detail how I spec’ed mine out, what I would do different, etc.
37C588E0-0D45-47DF-BE8B-2A385E4B07A2.jpeg

68A7F18D-1FE6-4425-8C2C-CB101FA3AA5A.jpeg

If you're making it dedicated to pull a TJ/LJ, you can get away with 16', and maybe even 14'. Trailers like this, depending on where you live, tend to get used for other random stuff too. If that's a factor, 18 and 20 are more universal.

Reactions: Viking Jeeper
BFC10546-E2A7-40EB-B1B4-3FD9253CE8FA.jpeg

Aluminum would be nice if I had the extra money. I’m rocking the steel, wood deck, dove tail, 18ft, 7k trailer for now. I’m happy with it and the price I paid.

I've been running an Aluma 7816 for almost six years now. At 1050 pounds it's easy to pull behind a 1/2 Ton truck, with no issues, and I don't have to worry about rust. The downside to it is the floor dents easily, so you have to be careful hauling parts on it. Also, wider axles would be a problem for the model I have.

Trailer%20Loaded_zpsziof1ujs.jpg

Reactions: tworley and Lax22
@Grant Lasson and @Rick2004LJ how long are those trailers? I was just talking to an aluminum trailer builder who prices his 16 foot and 18 foot the same. I think 16 is fine for an LJ. I like the idea of tilt and no ramps.
The tilting deck is 18' 3". The non-tilting deck is 20". Overall, I'm around 20' for the total deck. That felt too long for the TJ Jeep but it is perfect for my 4 door sedan that I take on some road trips. Dare I say it, I think there's a 4 door Jeep in my future so it will work for that as well.

Reactions: Viking Jeeper
@Apparition That's what I'm running. I had a trailer built, if I had it to do again, Id make a couple of changes. Hit me up before you purchase, I'll gladly share my experience

Reactions: Apparition
@Apparition That's what I'm running. I had a trailer built, if I had it to do again, Id make a couple of changes. Hit me up before you purchase, I'll gladly share my experience
Will do. This one just needs to get me to the Rubicon and back then I’ll see what I can get for it. Then I’ll need the new one in time for Moab next year. You didn’t by chance go aluminum did you?

Reactions: Rick Flair