JK Dana 44 on TJ: Do they make axle shafts with 5x4.5 bolt patterns?

JeepDew

so Im thinking about going Dana 44 from a JKU on the TJ.
Question is...I know the JKU comes with 5x5 wheel bolt pattern and the TJ is 5x4.5, do you know if they sell axle shafts for the JKU with 5x4.5, I can't afford to do wheel and diff's all at once. So I figured I would buy a set of axel shafts to go on my wheels until I can change to beadlocks with a 5x5 bolt pattern.

Or should I do the obvious and save up all the money and do it all at once....lol

Oh and if I can, I will want to do Dana 60, if I get the money, but will need same questions answered

Thanks in advance

Yes, they do make JK Dana 44 axle shafts with 5x4.5 bolt patterns.

Personally I would save up and do it all at once.

You want to install Dana 44 from jk on Tj
Would there be a width issue ?

Yes, there will be a width issue among many others. A JK axle doesn't simply bolt up to a TJ, not even close. There's a lot of work involved. I know @David Kishpaugh has done a lot of them, and I suspect @mrblaine has as well.

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
You want to install Dana 44 from jk on Tj
Would there be a width issue ?
4" wider, remove that JK brackets and weld in TJ brackets. drive shafts are still lined with transfer case.

Not easy but doable.... I'm starting to think just go with TJ Dana 44 unless I win the powerball then Im going 60 in front and 14 bolt in the rear...lol

32" 30 spline cut to fit, will fit both, the tj 44 and jk non rubi rear 44. the tj shafts generally have a dual patttern, 5x4.5 and 5x5.5. I have re drilled jk unit bearing hubs and rotors to 5x4.5 to fit the tj lugs

Do a 14 bolt front to match the rear. If you win the lottery of course.
4" wider, remove that JK brackets and weld in TJ brackets. drive shafts are still lined with transfer case.

Not easy but doable.... I'm starting to think just go with TJ Dana 44 unless I win the powerball then Im going 60 in front and 14 bolt in the rear...lol

I have the 14 bolt front housing ready for you....

Reactions: Chris
Keep in mind your final plans, most 60 shafts are 5x5.5 so make sure can find what you want before you buy 5x5 wheels. By the way I'm totally happy with the jk axle swap on my LJ, I used it as an excuse to go 3link / 4link long arm at the same time. Also be aware your rear sway bar won't fit so that's also a good time for an antirock.

Mine was a jk prorock 44 front and a jk rubi rear. So far with 35 spline rcvs in the front and g2 chromos in the rear I haven't been able to kill em on 37" Trepadors.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk