JK-JL Now TJ

Therbytj

Ive owned jeeps for the last 5-6 years now.
started with a 2015 JK
Then got a 2018 JL, had that for two years.
Instead of spending more and more money on the JL, decided to get out of it while it was worth money still.
New owner of a 2003 Rubicon
The previous owner bought it bone stock in 2011 and had owned it for 10 years while putting a whole 30000km on it

it has a full currie 4”(springs, control arms, track bars, bumpstops, currectlync steering) bilstein 5100
Warn xd9000i winch
Warn bumpers
33” MTR
Savvy aluminum corners/tailgate
S&W cage
TMR steering skid/ sliders
Chomoly front shafts

TMR truss, artec gussets, 4.88 yukon gears and 35s are coming shortly

Plans are 8” rock krawler stretch
With coilovers and bumpstops
Looking for some kind of dana 44 axles to build (thinking glad

3EEB521F-E5D9-4D19-B9C2-997DEFA7DB0A.jpeg

35EF3A4C-623E-47B5-BB96-6F319D748877.jpeg

Judging by the parts list it looks like the previous owner may have perused the forums. Nice find! I get the desire to stretch, that short wheelbase life is a meager existence. :)

Reactions: Tldelaney and pc1p
Yeah, got him down to 12k on it. Parts alone on it are well over that.
It does need a little work though.

plus I have to put my touch on it for now
That's a steal! Congrats

The orange Warn bumper is TMI

Trail Rated badge is missing. I bet that thing can't even get over a curb!

• Haha
Reactions: Alex01 and Starrs
That's a steal! Congrats

The orange Warn bumper is TMI

Trail Rated badge is missing. I bet that thing can't even get over a curb!

thanks! Im happy with it so far

haha the orange has already been painted
I have procomp 69 wheels, mickey baja boss 35s ready
4.88 yukon gears
TMR truss, artec gussets coming
Spicer ball joints
Timken wheel bearings
Maybe yukon rear shafts.

Then ill be happy with it for a few years hopefully

Welcome to the forum and great looking TJ! I had a super nice JK Rubicon Hard Rock but find myself enjoying the TJ more than I did the JK for the most part.

Welcome to the forum and great looking TJ! I had a super nice JK Rubicon Hard Rock but find myself enjoying the TJ more than I did the JK for the most part.
Thanks!
yes, I moved to this so I could have it as a secondary vehicle and keep it off the roads(this hasn’t been winter driven in 12years) and I plan to keep it that way
Im in Canada and salt/rust destrorys our vehicles

I miss all the nice things about the JL. But in another 2-3 years. A TJ rubicon wont be easy to find. JLs will be everywhere

Reactions: Chris
Nice TJR! Not sure if having half doors in Ontario makes sense. I'll trade ya my full doors for them to help ya out. ;)

Was that $12k Canadian? That is seriously a steal right now. I'm seeing beat up X models going for more than that here in PA.

Nice TJR! Not sure if having half doors in Ontario makes sense. I'll trade ya my full doors for them to help ya out. ;)

Was that $12k Canadian? That is seriously a steal right now. I'm seeing beat up X models going for more than that here in PA.
Haha, the half doors are amazing. I recommend every jeep owner have a pair after owning for the short time.
Its a seasonal vehicle only for me now. It will be tucked away all winter in the garage.

yeah i was pretty happy with that price, especially with all the modifications that came with it. I’ve never bought a used jeep, let alone one used offroad so hopefully it works out well.
Yup, as stated before. I plan to keep this long term. Anyone can go buy a JL. Cant get a real jeep anymore

Reactions: Kevin Q
Got some of the build going
New procomp wheels, 35” baja boss tires

Did a warn bumper/tire carrier but im changing that out

TMR truss and artec gussets will balljoints

4.88 yukon gears

got a good deal on a Warn m8000 winch so thats on now

Reactions: Chris
How are you liking the MT Baja Boss's? I have been contemplating stepping up to 35's and they are at the top of my list. Any balancing issues?
They’re great, no complaints other than being a bit heavy for a 35

actually yes but i think it was the shop. They mounted them and gave me the “good enough for a big tire” it was not good. Got them road forced balanced and it now drives better at 100kmh down the road than my JL did

Reactions: MaximusLJR06