JK Question in a TJ Forum

dan lee

TJ Addiction
Supporting Member
So I am curious, what the protocol on this is, is it ok to post questions about JK issue's on a TJ forum?
1. Yes, if they own a TJ as well?
2. No because we TJ owners believe the JK's are just a grocery getter .
3. Yes, because they are fellow jeeper's, and we are one big family
4. No, especially if they have a angry bird front grill

Feel free to add to the list

Just curious!

Just having fun, not trying to offend anyone!

I think we are all Jeepers whether we own 1940 Bantam or a 2018 JL.
A lot of Jeepers have owned or currently own many different models. My self I had up until 2 years ago a 1961 CJ5 and I still own my 2006 TJ and a 2014 JKU. At some point I will probably get myself a CJ8.

On a forum like this one it is more specialized for the TJ which is nice but I don't see why we could answer a non TJ question if someone here knows the answer.

Reactions: Rubirob and dan lee

1. General Discussion

1. This is a forum for topics that don't pertain to a specific model of the Jeep Wrangler, but moreover Jeeps in general.

1. General Jeep Discussion

1. This forum is for discussions about everything Jeep, aside from the Jeep Wrangler TJ

1. Off-Topic

1. Anything not related to Jeeps should be posted here. Please note that any racist, sexist or homophobic content will NOT be tolerated!

1. *I think the above should pretty much answer your question. 'Cept the angry bird grill thing. You're on your own on that! ;) :D

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and dan lee
I agree with you, I know some guys like to really joke around a lot with JK owners, myself if it’s a jeep on a jeep forum, it’s worthy of a response

Secretly, I am a Jeep Commander fan. But let's just keep that between the two of us.........................................(uh oh)

Reactions: dan lee
I have a good friend who had a commander. It was a very nice build after some time he ran into someone in a commander forum who offered him a trade. They basically swapped the commander for a White 2006 LJ Rubicon. It had full doors and half doors plus a bunch of other accessories.

The swap was in secret the rest of us. We were all meeting up for a week at Wind Rock, TN and we thought he was bring his older TJ instead he met the guy on the drive up did the swap deal and showed up in the LJ Rubi lol

This pic is at the waterfall trail at Wind Rock

4947148870_2169a40518_b.jpg

I have a good friend who had a commander. It was a very nice build after some time he ran into someone in a commander forum who offered him a trade. They basically swapped the commander for a White 2006 LJ Rubicon. It had full doors and half doors plus a bunch of other accessories.

The swap was in secret the rest of us. We were all meeting up for a week at Wind Rock, TN and we thought he was bring his older TJ instead he met the guy on the drive up did the swap deal and showed up in the LJ Rubi lol

This pic is at the waterfall trail at Wind Rock

View attachment 26290

Sounds like your friend came out on top of that deal!

I don’t mind JK questions, XJ questions, or any Jeep related question. Just post them in th General Jeep Discussion sub-forum.

I have love for all Jeeps. Hell, I should probably make a JK sub-forum, but then I’d have to change the name of the site to.... Wrangler Forum? Hahaha

I think were are all part of the same family.(some do look adopted though for sure) and yes we all make fun of the JK but they mock the TJ too..similar to older and younger siblings make fun of each other.
Like @Chris mentioned..just put them in the General Jeep Discussion sub-forum. Plus its a chance to learn how the JK owners think hehe

Reactions: StG58 and Chris
Keep in mind, it's only the 4 door models. The "Pimp my Ride" folks never seem to be drawn to the 2 door models.

I foresee the two door model fading away like the manual trans is.
That is because they want the extra room the longer Jeeps have.

I personally prefer the way our short wheelbase Jeeps drive vs JKU's and even the LJ's. The from the driver point of view we sit more to the back then we do in an LJ or JKU. It is a different feeling when you drive it IMHO. I used to love my old CJ5 because it had an even shorter wheelbase.

Now that the JL has officially been released, we can stop hating on the JK and start going off on the JL. Except for the Angry Bird mods, those are always fair game.

Are you going to hate on yourself if/when your wife talk you into buying a JL?

Reactions: StG58