JK Seat Covers on TJ Seats?

Starrs

TJ Guru
DC5639C4-94B4-44B6-8C93-B7D22802CC0A.png
Has anybody ever seen or tried to put the jk Rubicon fabric over tj seats? I love the Rubicon cloth in the jk. Often times you can find this stuff pretty cheap and I think it would make one hell of a seat cover. Prolly would take a good sewer to get it done, but just curious if anybody had ever seen it done.

Those wouldn't even come close to fitting the TJ seats... not even remotely.

You could however swap the JK seats themselves into the TJ. That would likely be much easier.

Good to know. I knew there would be extra fabric, but I wasn’t sure what that would look like.

The shape of the seats isn't even the same, especially with the JKs actually having noticeable side bolsters. I always thought those JK seats would look cool in a TJ though, so you're not alone! Buy a used set on eBay and swap the whole set off. All you'd have to do is put some custom made seat rails on them to bolt them right in. Hell, you may be able to modify the seat rails on the factory TJ seats to bolt onto the JK seats.

Jk seats are quite a bit wider than tj seats... I've looked into it, and there are some guys that have done it. I don't think the rear seat will fit at all though.

Jk seats are quite a bit wider than tj seats... I've looked into it, and there are some guys that have done it. I don't think the rear seat will fit at all though.

Ahhh, that makes sense given the bigger size of the JK. I knew there was no way the back seat would fit, I was just hoping the front seats would fit pretty easily.

Those wouldn't even come close to fitting the TJ seats... not even remotely.

You could however swap the JK seats themselves into the TJ. That would likely be much easier.
x2. in addition, JK seat mount pattern and what not, is also bigger and different than the TJs and so to do the swap, you need to be a little bit creative and ask a fab shop to install mounting brackets welded into the TJ floor.

To be honest with you I have seen one and it does not look good IMO because the TJ as a whole, has a classic look to it.

Reactions: Chris