JK wheels on my TJ

I know this is an old thread, but I'm looking for opinions and it seems there're a lot of "normally JK wheels look bad on TJs, but..." opinions here; so exactly what I need. My son's TJ needs new wheels, and he wanted to move from 15" to 17" in order to have a better selection of tires. Please forgive the crappy photoshop job, but wondering what people think of these JK Rubi wheels on a 60th Anniversary TJ?
Jacob's Jeep.png

I was locked and loaded to comment how much I hate JK wheels and 17's in general on TJ's, but OP's rig looks pretty good with those.

I know this is an old thread, but I'm looking for opinions and it seems there're a lot of "normally JK wheels look bad on TJs, but..." opinions here; so exactly what I need. My son's TJ needs new wheels, and he wanted to move from 15" to 17" in order to have a better selection of tires. Please forgive the crappy photoshop job, but wondering what people think of these JK Rubi wheels on a 60th Anniversary TJ?
View attachment 167480
And I don't like them here, sorry. Current wheels look much better.

View attachment 167480
I think the wheels you have look good on your tj. Plus if you go to 17 inch rims the tires are a little more expensive than the 15 inch rims. I had the jk wheels on mine but ended up switch to the 16” tj rubicon rims after the tires wore out. I paid 900 for new tires for the 17’s and only 700 for 16”s.

Interesting how they look just fine on certain colors and others they just look too busy. Busy tends to be my common denominator when it comes to wheels I don't care for.

View attachment 167480

Thank you for posting this. I have a silver TJ as well and contemplated JK wheels but am very unsure. I currently have black wheels with fake bead locks and like you, wanted something a bit more modern. I agree that it doesn’t work.

Thanks so much for the candid input, gang. No offense taken; genuinely looking for input. The TJ belonged to my oldest son, who just passed away in a tragic accident on May 3rd of this year. He liked the current wheels (look like American Racing AR172 Bajas), but there are only 4 (with some corrosive pitting) with a different spare. We were trying to find a matching 5th, but haven't been able to as these look brushed/matte and all of the ones I can find are polished or black. He saw these on Craigslist and thought they might look good, but wasn't sure. My middle son is taking his brother's TJ, and we too were unsure, so thought we'd put it out for input. Knowing how much he liked the current wheels, and the input here, I'll probably stick with what's on there. Now...just need to polish them up.

Last edited:
I'm looking at buying a locally available set of these with 255/75r17 BFG MTs for my '00 TJ. OP, how's the clearance when stuffed with the 2" spacers? I have Sahara flares but since the offset of these wheels is only 19 mm different than the stock Canyons I was thinking I'd do just the 1.25" spacers as that should make them stick out about 1/2" further than the stock TJ Canyons. I've got a 2.5" lift I'm moving over from a wrecked TJ.

I have these tires with jk rims. With 2" spacers.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Falken-W...m-msg-id=ab49141a-6cd6-4437-8140-e34bd4f95366

I do not offroad. But on road they are fine. You have a lift tho. So offroad should be fine too. I could have gone with 1.5 or 1.75 spacers and been fine. I did 2" just as overkill. And didn't think the .5 to .25" would make any difference. So with 255s instead of 265s. I'd think you'd be fine.